JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly what are you going to gain by shooting lead reloads vs not? So even if you are correct in saying that it's ok to shoot it... who gives a crap! Arguing the point is pointless. Not too mention that it was never stated that it was unsafe according to Glock. Anyone that has ever fired lead reloads knows that. Therefore by deduction it makes sense that a manufacturer that wants to avoid the potential lawsuit is going to say that shooting "x" whatever that is... is not a good idea. Now can we move past this mind numbing debate? Thank you

I have an Adams Arms drop in melonite coated barrel that shoots pretty good in my G17.
I had an adams arms upper in 5.45 that seems pretty decent. My one slide is a adams arms enforcer. I think its called? Pretty sexy looking slide. 90% of the after market slides look SOO incredibly butt ugly to me. Including the other adams arms slides. Idk what they were thinking. Lone wolf takes the cake though. They have both some of the nicest (ok maybe only one custom damascus i saw) but MANY of the fuggliest trophys as well.

Sorry @Dr Prepper

just trying to keep thread on topic instead of ego driving side chatter
No worries. I think i got my answers. About 50% stock oem about the other 50% are storm lake/kkm.
Im kinda set on KKM just wanted to confirm before i blow $260 on my barrel AND nitride it.
I wont be going stock because my buddy wants threading even though it will most likely never be used. Its still an option. Who knows he might put a brake on it.

And the leading issue is kinda pertinent here. We do want as much useability as possible. Infact i think i may have brought it up. I can see a future where these a holes ban bullets and i have to make my own primers, powder, and lead..

I use KKM for the most part. I have a Wilson Combat, not sure who makes it for them, but it's a tight fit and doesn't do reloads well unless really throttle down the OD.

By the way Glock barrels aren't rifled in the classic way, it's more like 6 arches stuck together to make a circle. And yes, way more prone to leading (from my experience in shooting my reloaded 9mm). I didn't write down the results, but I did test this 7-8 years ago.

Here's an explanation of the glock barrel:

Adams arms made fluted threaded match grade melonited barrels too, they may still be found for reasonable prices.
I was surprised to see that adams was auctioned off late 2019. Under new owners now.
Im always a little hesitant about who i support and buy from when a warranty is involved for this reason.
Glad to see the new owners still support it. But Adams always did kinda seem like a dying co.
Same with lone wolf. Their reveiws are HIGHLY mixed. Dont see them much going forward now that everyone and their mother is in the not a glock game.

This is the only non OEM barrel I own. Purchased to have one for use with a can. I barely use it though. Works well, wasn't expensive, and has great fit and finish.

It is another out of stock link however...

i was looking at those. i love aim stuff. they have pretty good quality. actually some of the better reviewed BCG's reviewed on school of the American rifle.
i JUST picked up a spare parts kit from them, they had a full upper parts kit for sale for $40 including the liner tool. pretty hard to pass up. plus 100's of reviews near 5*.
thanks for the info was curious. pretty dang cheap. i am already signed up for the notifications.

Hi all, a less technically inclined buddy is looking for a barrel for his glock. Its for a 17 not that it matters.
Im not too wild about either of mine. I have a faxon chameleon PVD coated g34 and a lone wolf g40
The faxon rusted ever so slightly after a weekend camping trip. (Which surprised me quite a bit) but accuracy seems ok to decent/good. Maybe you can see the very small rust "dots" almost smack dab in the middle between brl nut and slide.

And the lone wolf was frankly garbage from the git go. Way off center crown etc. The threads look like they are chipping from nitride embritlement even though its 416r! Was just a hassle but seems to group ok as well at least with SOME of the hand loads.

Im thinking about going with a KKM barrel this time.
Thinking about maybe one for his 17 and one to replace my 10mm barrel.

Accuracy is obviously the biggest priority. Corrosion inhibition is the second.

Budget is under $300 all said and done.
What do you all think?

View attachment 860813
It' h@rd to be@t the Glock b@rrel.
I h@ve G20 t@ht ju$t drill$ 'em.

I @l$o h@ve KKM in my $cr@tch buid$ @nd they @re gre@t @nd KKM i$ gre@t comp@ny.

Bottom line i$, you c@n't hold the pi$tol good enough to $ee the difference between KKM, B@r $to or Glock.
Get @ R@n$om Re$t if you think it'$ worth it @nd w@nt to $plit h@ir$ for fun.

DD
Who pilled coffee on i keypd
Cn't believe how mny @'$ nd e$$e$ you u$e !

It' h@rd to be@t the Glock b@rrel.
I h@ve G20 t@ht ju$t drill$ 'em.

I @l$o h@ve KKM in my $cr@tch buid$ @nd they @re gre@t @nd KKM i$ gre@t comp@ny.

Bottom line i$, you c@n't hold the pi$tol good enough to $ee the difference between KKM, B@r $to or Glock.
Get @ R@n$om Re$t if you think it'$ worth it @nd w@nt to $plit h@ir$ for fun.

DD
Who pilled coffee on i keypd
Cn't believe how mny @'$ nd e$$e$ you u$e !
o...k....
i dont know whether to take this seriously or not? lol.
thanks.

Spend at least $58 on a barrel. put 4000k down Range. Repeat.

i have shot 3 years on a bear creek arsenal Glock 17 barrel. I shoot pins and steel challenge. I'm not sure if I've actually cleaned my barrel in the
last Couple years. Bad barrels exist?

The problem with owning a Glock is that you can end up with this and that and easily spend twice the cost of the gun in parts - no thanks. I left mine stock. Finally can shoot the G17 well, next, try to shoot the G40 well. If I have to add stuff to my gun to shoot better, then I list it for sale.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top