JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi all, a less technically inclined buddy is looking for a barrel for his glock. Its for a 17 not that it matters.
Im not too wild about either of mine. I have a faxon chameleon PVD coated g34 and a lone wolf g40
The faxon rusted ever so slightly after a weekend camping trip. (Which surprised me quite a bit) but accuracy seems ok to decent/good. Maybe you can see the very small rust "dots" almost smack dab in the middle between brl nut and slide.

And the lone wolf was frankly garbage from the git go. Way off center crown etc. The threads look like they are chipping from nitride embritlement even though its 416r! Was just a hassle but seems to group ok as well at least with SOME of the hand loads.

Im thinking about going with a KKM barrel this time.
Thinking about maybe one for his 17 and one to replace my 10mm barrel.

Accuracy is obviously the biggest priority. Corrosion inhibition is the second.

Budget is under $300 all said and done.
What do you all think?

20210412_220128_HDR.jpg

General consensus is that you don't necessarily see a significant benefit in Glock barrel upgrades. Partially because Glock's strengths lie elsewhere (Glocks are known to be your highly dependable, tough as nails firearm vs. a precision weapon).

The other consideration that a lot of people overlook is that (in my opinion) the trigger should always be the first component upgraded vs. a barrel. The right trigger (or even a tuned factory trigger) in a firearm can make all the difference.

My opinions..... Yours may vary :)

My late buddies place.
Kevin gave me the barrel for my open gun project.

KKM
they are accurate and withstand major 9 loads.
I'm moving a 115gr at 1440fps

20210401_174954.jpg

Last Edited:
I don't know, but perhaps some of the reviews here might be of use.

General consensus is that you don't necessarily see a significant benefit in Glock barrel upgrades. Partially because Glock's strengths lie elsewhere (Glocks are known to be your highly dependable, tough as nails firearm vs. a precision weapon).

The other consideration that a lot of people overlook is that (in my opinion) the trigger should always be the first component upgraded vs. a barrel. The right trigger (or even a tuned factory trigger) in a firearm can make all the difference.

Yeah this is kinda always the general opinion ive had.
Its HARD to find that happy medium of the unicorn HK 21 (i think that one IIRC) thats both dead nuts reliable AND true match accuracy.
I DONT like how sloppy the chamber is on OEM barrels, i load my 10mm about as hot as can be. And theres that famous glock bulge.

Not worried about it on 9mm though.
With the price of ammo now a days we are definetely willing to spend to hit what we are aiming at.

I tend to agree. If your factory barrel is defective, get it replaced. But in terms of upgrades, I'd go for sights and trigger work/replacement before touching a factory barrel that isn't defective.
Most guns are more accurate than their shooters are anyhow, which is why sights, training, and triggers come first - remove the shooter impediments and accuracy will naturally improve.

Absolutely. Once the trigger is smoothed out, lightened up, and the reset cleaned up, Glocks are much more enjoyable and accurate to shoot. That said, on the G17 I had the most work done on, it was noticeably more accurate with a KKM barrel installed.

I tend to agree. If your factory barrel is defective, get it replaced. But in terms of upgrades, I'd go for sights and trigger work/replacement before touching a factory barrel that isn't defective.
Most guns are more accurate than their shooters are anyhow, which is why sights, training, and triggers come first - remove the shooter impediments and accuracy will naturally improve.
The trigger and sights will be done. Will be a rds in the end. Both of mine have nicer dawson sights and one a rds. These will have the WORKS done to them. Im no stranger to tuning glock actions. They are simple and easy to improve.

I still have a custom 8.75" .45 acp with the Barrett brake on it waiting to get some *--* brass for in +P so i can try and see how close to rowland i can get. Have everything sitting and waiting but that brass.
I also have a dasan forged .40 super barrel both through lone poof. I still havent toyed with.

Thanks for all the replies, good info much appreciated.

Last Edited:
Theres some things i do like about the factory barrels, like the rifling.
I would like to shoot cast boolits if need be. Future is looking shakey.
Wheel weights might start dissapearing..
Glock factory barrels shoot lead just fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top