JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just paid for an Obsidian 9, it'll be a PCC/pistol can, I went with it for the versatility. I was looking hard at the R9 and Wolfman, and I may eventually get one of them as a dedicated PCC can....

As a Wolfman owner, I agree with this info and run mine on 300BLK and 7.62x39 subsonic regularly with excellent results but its primary purpose is running on 9mm subguns. I would not recommend it as a pistol use can due to its length, diameter and weight.
In short configuration the Wolfman is about an ounce lighter than the R9.

I currently have a Wolfman and an Obsidian 9 and love them both and just e-filed the YHM R9 yesterday the 27th. So I hope you all gave good advice and if not I still have another toy to play with. The price was great and all the reviews I have found give it a thumbs up so why not go for it.

I am going to put it on a MP5 K PDW clone (AP5-K) where she will probably stay all the time.
If e-file works like last time should see it in November some time.

I currently have a Wolfman and an Obsidian 9 and love them both and just e-filed the YHM R9 yesterday the 27th. So I hope you all gave good advice and if not I still have another toy to play with. The price was great and all the reviews I have found give it a thumbs up so why not go for it.

I am going to put it on a MP5 K PDW clone (AP5-K) where she will probably stay all the time.
If e-file works like last time should see it in November some time.
I have an identical setup on a PTR MP5K. It sounds pretty good with subsonic ammo but is not what I would call hearing safe or comfortable with supers.

I have an identical setup on a PTR MP5K. It sounds pretty good with subsonic ammo but is not what I would call hearing safe or comfortable with supers.
Ok, good to know. I do try my best to use at 147gr but 124 will be used as well as I have more of it. I have several other PCC type guns including a AP5 or std MP5 clone to play with it on and will find the best combo. I just get tired of changing them from one gun to another and at that price point why not.

I went to my store looking for AR parts, that did not have and bought the R9, I got to stay out of that place.

Last Edited:
Love my rugged obsidian 45 use it on my glock 17 so damn quiet with 147grain not movie quite 🤣😂 like a 22 can tho

Screenshot_20220825-005315_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220825-005303_Gallery.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads