JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Silencer Shop has rebates going on the Griffin Armament cans....might be worth a look.

I have one pistol silencer.....SilencerCo Osprey45. I've shot .45 and 9mm through it....very pleased. Might think about a .45 can; gives you far more versatility with little to no penalty for bore size.

I've looked longingly at the SilencerCo Octane9....if you could find one in stock. For a dedicated 9mm can, my guess is they'd be pretty cool for the money.

As for bang for the buck, watch for rebates or promos on a model you are interested in. Also, watch GunBroker. I've picked up several Silencerco handgun caliber suppressors for decent prices on there, including an Octane 9. I use an Octane 9, Octane 45, and Osprey 45. The 45 cans work fine on the 9. The Octane 45 is slightly longer than the Octane 9.

Last Edited:
YHM R9 is what I'd say is the best for the price.
I'd also say that the R9 is a great "bang for your buck" as it is also rated for rifle calibers. I regularly use mine on 223 and my 6arc.

For selecting a suppressor, consider the diameter as you might need tall sights to "see" over the can.

That said I am very happy with the SilencerCo Hybrid 46 which is able to take pistol cartridges up to 45ACP and Rifle cartridges to 45/70 and Magnum cartridges to 338LM. Full Auto Rated. Lead projectiles not recommended.
For rimfire you need something that disassembles completely for cleaning.

Steel, Titanium, and Inconel (Nickel Chromium super alloy) construction.

In the bang for the buck department, there are many accessories for this suppressor making it truly universal.
I use it Varmint hunting and have different end caps to maximize the suppression for my 22-250 and 243 rifles.
For my pistols, there are multiple pistons that adapt the suppressor to the barrel threads.
They even had one for my 20th Century era H&K Tactical 45ACP that uses an odd 1x16mm LH thread pitch

I found most of my accessories at Midway and they sometimes go on sale.

Price and diameter might steer you another way.
I believe if you can only have one, then the Hybrid 46 is a good choice.

I'm in the market for a 9mm Suppressor. Looking to buy local. Whats my best bang for my buck?
Do you want a PCC can or pistol can? While either can be used with both platforms, PCC can's don't balance well on pistols with a larger diameter and pistol can's are smaller in diameter and frequently longer.

Don't get hung up on buying local as dealers frequently don't have the top cans in stock and only have the least desired and aged inventory available. You can buy on SilencerShop or Capital Armory and select one of their partner dealers for your local SOT.

Recommended Pistol 9mm can's:
  • Rugged Obsidian 9mm or 45
  • CGS Mod 9
  • Dead Air Ghost M
Recommended 9mm PCC can's:
  • YHM R9
  • Rex Silentium MG7 .358
  • Dead Air Wolfman

Everyone thinks their can is the best because they have a lot of time and emotional energy invested into their choice. You would be well served by doing some research over at https://pewscience.com where they perform independent reviews of suppressor performance. You should also take into consideration features that best fit your situation such as weight, length, diameter, adapter type and suitability for your application, etc....

Don't overlook the Dead Air Wolfman. I'm a type 7/SOT and deal with a lot of suppressors, and have a lot of experience with a wide variety of them. I demo the Wolfman regularly, in long and short configuration, on a MP5 full auto. The Wolfman offers the versatility to also be good on 300 Blackout and 5.56/223. The wipe compatible front cap is an extremely nice feature.

For 9mm, 147gr subsonic loads are a pleasure to shoot.

Don't overlook the Dead Air Wolfman. I'm a type 7/SOT and deal with a lot of suppressors, and have a lot of experience with a wide variety of them. I demo the Wolfman regularly, in long and short configuration, on a MP5 full auto. The Wolfman offers the versatility to also be good on 300 Blackout and 5.56/223. The wipe compatible front cap is an extremely nice feature.

I'd be curious to have the wolf man in short mode next to a R9.

The Wolfman is obviously more expensive, but the performance and versatility make it a better bang for the buck, for many folks, in my opinion.
That's why I'd love to hear it next to a R9 and the SiCo 9k. All 3 are made of the same materials and similar baffles. If the Wolfman has no barrel restrictions on rifle cals that might give it the edge.

Everyone thinks their can is the best because they have a lot of time and emotional energy invested into their choice. You would be well served by doing some research over at https://pewscience.com where they perform independent reviews of suppressor performance. You should also take into consideration features that best fit your situation such as weight, length, diameter, adapter type and suitability for your application, etc....
That is good advice for all things firearm related...

As a Wolfman owner, I agree with this info and run mine on 300BLK and 7.62x39 subsonic regularly with excellent results but its primary purpose is running on 9mm subguns. I would not recommend it as a pistol use can due to its length, diameter and weight.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top