JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just paid for an Obsidian 9, it'll be a PCC/pistol can, I went with it for the versatility. I was looking hard at the R9 and Wolfman, and I may eventually get one of them as a dedicated PCC can....

As a Wolfman owner, I agree with this info and run mine on 300BLK and 7.62x39 subsonic regularly with excellent results but its primary purpose is running on 9mm subguns. I would not recommend it as a pistol use can due to its length, diameter and weight.
In short configuration the Wolfman is about an ounce lighter than the R9.

I currently have a Wolfman and an Obsidian 9 and love them both and just e-filed the YHM R9 yesterday the 27th. So I hope you all gave good advice and if not I still have another toy to play with. The price was great and all the reviews I have found give it a thumbs up so why not go for it.

I am going to put it on a MP5 K PDW clone (AP5-K) where she will probably stay all the time.
If e-file works like last time should see it in November some time.

I currently have a Wolfman and an Obsidian 9 and love them both and just e-filed the YHM R9 yesterday the 27th. So I hope you all gave good advice and if not I still have another toy to play with. The price was great and all the reviews I have found give it a thumbs up so why not go for it.

I am going to put it on a MP5 K PDW clone (AP5-K) where she will probably stay all the time.
If e-file works like last time should see it in November some time.
I have an identical setup on a PTR MP5K. It sounds pretty good with subsonic ammo but is not what I would call hearing safe or comfortable with supers.

I have an identical setup on a PTR MP5K. It sounds pretty good with subsonic ammo but is not what I would call hearing safe or comfortable with supers.
Ok, good to know. I do try my best to use at 147gr but 124 will be used as well as I have more of it. I have several other PCC type guns including a AP5 or std MP5 clone to play with it on and will find the best combo. I just get tired of changing them from one gun to another and at that price point why not.

I went to my store looking for AR parts, that did not have and bought the R9, I got to stay out of that place.

Last Edited:
Love my rugged obsidian 45 use it on my glock 17 so damn quiet with 147grain not movie quite 🤣😂 like a 22 can tho

Screenshot_20220825-005315_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220825-005303_Gallery.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top