JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a mp 22. Nice accurate gun with 12 rnd mags. I have put over 2000 rounds of cheap ammo without a problem. it shoots everything I feed it. I buy the bulk packs(rem,win,americian eagle,blazers) shoots all of them no problem.

GSG1911-22.

Plus if you want to be a hero with kids, a Ruger Charger converted to tacticool status with a Promag Archangel kit, light, laser, etc, etc.

Depends on what you want the pistol to do.

H&R 929 (9-shot wheel gun) is a fun way to introduce noobs to handling and reloading without all the intimidating recoil and sound pressure. You can even get a little 9-shot speed loader for it. Not terribly accurate, and a real clunky trigger. But very cheap used and good as a logical "gateway piece" to bigger and louder revolvers.

Colt Woodsman if you can find a daily shooter in decent shape. Cheap extra mags available from Midway (et al) are actually stamped Colt on the heel. Super accurate and well behaved. A classic.

Ruger anything. Countless mods, parts, upgrades, mags and add-ons available everywhere. Be careful selecting a newer one, though, as their quality control has been wildly erratic of late.

I'm surprised the Colt 1911 (licensed to Walther) hasn't been mentioned. It has a threaded bbl goes for around $300.00 and looks pretty cool. Except for the weight and the recoil it feels and acts just like a "real" 1911. No need to get a new holster as one of the ones I already own for my 1911's fit to a "T". And 12 ends mags are available So far I only have about 2000 rnds of CCI mini-mags and but it has been uterly reliable.

I also have expierence with Rugers. As others have said on this thread, they work fine. My old mark I that I won in a poker game in the early 80's still shoots good.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top