JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a mp 22. Nice accurate gun with 12 rnd mags. I have put over 2000 rounds of cheap ammo without a problem. it shoots everything I feed it. I buy the bulk packs(rem,win,americian eagle,blazers) shoots all of them no problem.

GSG1911-22.

Plus if you want to be a hero with kids, a Ruger Charger converted to tacticool status with a Promag Archangel kit, light, laser, etc, etc.

Depends on what you want the pistol to do.

H&R 929 (9-shot wheel gun) is a fun way to introduce noobs to handling and reloading without all the intimidating recoil and sound pressure. You can even get a little 9-shot speed loader for it. Not terribly accurate, and a real clunky trigger. But very cheap used and good as a logical "gateway piece" to bigger and louder revolvers.

Colt Woodsman if you can find a daily shooter in decent shape. Cheap extra mags available from Midway (et al) are actually stamped Colt on the heel. Super accurate and well behaved. A classic.

Ruger anything. Countless mods, parts, upgrades, mags and add-ons available everywhere. Be careful selecting a newer one, though, as their quality control has been wildly erratic of late.

I'm surprised the Colt 1911 (licensed to Walther) hasn't been mentioned. It has a threaded bbl goes for around $300.00 and looks pretty cool. Except for the weight and the recoil it feels and acts just like a "real" 1911. No need to get a new holster as one of the ones I already own for my 1911's fit to a "T". And 12 ends mags are available So far I only have about 2000 rnds of CCI mini-mags and but it has been uterly reliable.

I also have expierence with Rugers. As others have said on this thread, they work fine. My old mark I that I won in a poker game in the early 80's still shoots good.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top