JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought some 75 grain ELDs to try in my Ruger American Ranch.

I've had great results running off the lands with other bullets, but these push past the Magpuls limits, as well as all the other mags I own.

Are there magazines out there that allow for longer cartridge overall lengths?

Please let me know what you have that works well for longer COL.

Thanks!

Reno

Lancer makes a .300 Blackout specific magazine (works fine with 5.56 in my experience) that is a little wider/longer in the front for subsonic .300 Blackout rounds. That may work for .223 with a longer than normal COL.

Thanks everyone. I'll order one or two to try. Going to try the linked above PRI as well as another brand stainless mag.

I tried a friends Lancer, no go.

You can do the same as the PRI modified mag by using a dremel tool only don't go down as far, only far enough for 5 rounds. If you go much further the mag will spread and won't feed properly. You will gain about .080" of extra room by doing this. If you want me to send you a picture of the one I have pm me and send my your email.

The 75 VLD like the 80 SMK are designed to be loaded long not to magazine length.
They are used in competition at the 600 yard stage. This requires to single load
each round at 600 yards. If you want some long range magazine length bullet try
the 77 SMK.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews