JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If your lucky enough to get two shots off on a yote then you are pretty darn good. I never could. Especially if they are back past the 100 yard mark.

I used to use the AR pictured back when I lived in Nevada. Then switched to an incredibly heavy but accurate bolt 700.

Now I just carry a single shot with a red dot as most of the time I sit around and wait till they get within 100 yards. Which is pretty simple if your hunting them out in a clear cut. I changed up my outfit when I came up here as the longer shot isn't really needed for all the times I've been out in the woods hunting them.

If you do set up an AR, I would say go light. Unless you own land and this is something you will be doing from a vehicle or your patio then those that have posted SPR semiautomatic precision rifle style ARs would be a good way to set up an AR. Otherwise a lighter AR that is accurate to 200 yards is plenty.

B38255DD-02D8-47EB-B3D9-2A00AAB596A8.jpeg 8D83A998-F1DB-4E59-9D6F-6FD22E23527C.jpeg

gone a few different AR15 cal's for Coyotes over years . gone from AR's to boltaction's and then back to AR's again now . AR15's both ( daytime and nighttime ) .
just ( My personal Opinion ) .. I did .224 for years and found I had better results on all 1st round hits with larger Diam. bullets of 6mm and .257 .
in general ( always use ) .. quality trigger and with also an Adj. gas block for tuning .
-
6mmx45 with a minimum of 20" barrel for Daytime . easy to load for and feeds/extracts flawless . Flat Fast Velocity shooter and 'Accurate' . 6mmx45 is the King for AR15 .
-
.25x45 with a 16" barrel for Nighttime . easy to load for and is also SAAMI spec. for factory ammo sold, if not reloading .
Is hands-down the ( Most Efficient size Bore hole ) for maintaining high velocity out a 16" barrel on an AR .
Will easy pulls 2700 to 2800 fps with .25 cal. 87 grain weight, and you can squeeze more with the 75 grn vmax's .
Keep barrel short for added suppressor length at Nighttime and flash suppression .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top