JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<broken link removed>

I tried some of these out in my new M887 last week, no noticeable spread @ 25'; went through the plywood like slugs at that distance.
Hmmm...

At the risk of infuriating the "buckshot or bust" crowd....

rad6CB1926798.jpg

Really.
The perp will definately "feel" this when it hits and its an easily controllable round for you, the shooter, to wield.
If a second (or more) shot is needed, it can be aimed and let off quickly. More quickly than some "super magnum" round (my phrasing, no need to look it up).
Also, because of the "reasonable" powder and shot loading, its more anti-personnel than Anti-Material.
If you've got kids, or any loved ones in a near-by room, this load makes that much more sense.

...ok nay sayers, go ahead and rant.

DeanMk

At the risk of infuriating the "buckshot or bust" crowd....

rad6CB1926798.jpg

Really.
The perp will definately "feel" this when it hits and its an easily controllable round for you, the shooter, to wield.
If a second (or more) shot is needed, it can be aimed and let off quickly. More quickly than some "super magnum" round (my phrasing, no need to look it up).
Also, because of the "reasonable" powder and shot loading, its more anti-personnel than Anti-Material.
If you've got kids, or any loved ones in a near-by room, this load makes that much more sense.

...ok nay sayers, go ahead and rant.

DeanMk

Try shooting some of your "reasonable" rounds at some typical interior wall material from a "reasonable" self-defense distance and see if you still feel the same way afterward.

If he's on drugs he will feel it a few hours later when he's counting the loot he scored from the house and has cleaned the homeowner's blood off himself.

Anything that won't penetrate drywall won't penetrate enough bad guy to hit vitals. It sucks but the rules of physics can't be broken. Better off going through the house and figuring out the safest fields of fire.

If he's on drugs he will feel it a few hours later when he's counting the loot he scored from the house and has cleaned the homeowner's blood off himself.

Anything that won't penetrate drywall won't penetrate enough bad guy to hit vitals. It sucks but the rules of physics can't be broken. Better off going through the house and figuring out the safest fields of fire.

Many tales of this sort of load lacking the ability to penetrate leather jackets and heavy clothing exist. The only way that could be 100% effective IMO is a full frontal shot at their face at close range

If you are rural and want the ultimate 12 ga load try the tri ball load from Dixie. They are said to stay in a nice tight group up to 50 yards or more. I will be casting and rolling my own soon. Like a three round 60 caliber burst..

DixieSlugs Products

124_Pic4.jpg

Wow, I had no idea the difference in opinion on this matter....figured shotgun rounds would be cut and dry.

Buckshot for self defense is king. Game shot should be reserved to thin walled houses and adjacent rooms with family members. Slugs can accurately hit a man-sized target from a smooth bore shotgun up to 100 yards away, will go through walls and doors and still be able to hit your target's vital areas. Shotguns are versatile weapons that aren't meant to replace any weapon system (i.e. a carbine or a pistol).

Shotguns (like all weapon systems) have their pros and cons. They have a lot of recoil and don't allow quick follow-up shots but they are devastating man stoppers. Shotguns vs carbine debate reminds me of the auto vs revolver debate. Nobody is going to win this but nobody is a fool for picking their preference either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top