JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I had was 25-06 w/ 120HP
It worked. Most other times I saw one was while hunting elk, deer and I wasn't going to touch off a round, although the 35Whelen 250gr would work. And an easy shooter.

This question could start an argument! I think the "best" is difficult to isolate. The most popular at this writing are the .223 and the .22-250. The .243 Win is a very decisive round.
If you want more input on the subject, I submit this for your consideration.

The best coyote gun is any gun that kills a coyote!:D However, my personal favorite is my .224 Valkyrie with 60 gr V-max!

3A14C7F2-7996-41B5-96A9-6911BB455E25.jpeg 3F1E9EE8-B018-4FD0-BC71-3401B7DBB7C8.jpeg 56BA07D8-CC42-4B49-B2EE-B74240C03201.jpeg BADB1291-C1A6-48A7-B172-437190F3FA88.jpeg

So I do know that a .600 round ball with a linen patch and 60 grains of 2F ...
Fired from a antique flintlock fowler will kill a coyote at about 35-40 yards.
The chicken thief , has stolen his last hen....:D
Andy

In the depths of excessive boredom many years back I built a 6.8 SPC AR, telling myself it was for shooting coyotes. Got distracted and sold it a year later, never getting to test it on coyotes. If I were to take something out of my safe for yotes today it would be a 223 just because that's what I got. If I were to buy something new, I'm constantly tempted by .243.

My main problem is that when I researched and finally tried my hand at calling coyotes a few years back, I came to the humbling realization that those creatures are actually my intellectual superiors. Damn smart and crafty critters!

What, exactly, is meant by "best"? Lighting bolt lethality? Equal effectiveness right up close and a Galaxy far, far away? Cleanest kill? Cash spent per kill? I mean, dead is dead and if all I had was a .223 or a 7mag, I could easily make a whole lotta creatures just as dead as with the other

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top