JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.243 using 55gr Nosler ballistic tips and 44gr IMR 4064. Flat shooting at 3900fps and head shots dont damage the pelt, but I dont hunt for the pelts anyway.

Been using my 220 Swift Ackley Improved, and a 22-250 Ackley Improved......I really enjoy the extra little Ummmph from the improved rounds. Both of them are good out to 500 yards on a not so windy day.

Both of them built by me!

25-06 is pretty fair yote medicine. But the answer to the question, I think, is whatever is the closest when you happen to spot one! I've never actively hunted coyotes, but I've shot a fair amount as 'targets of opportunity' while hunting other animals or fishing.

Any good round that will kill them humanly and with out suffering. I prefer .300 Win as it heps disperse food for crows and other animals that might be hungry/

Golly,I've been asking this same question of some friends and I never looked at it this way.

300WM it is!

How about the 243wssm? Is it worth the money and the cost of shells?
I know,reload and save a bunch.But is the round worth looking into?

Show pics when you get one. I would like to see how the round does. Let me know.

Shame to waste the pelts with bigger than required or too-explosive rounds. I have some Korean era US medical evac sleeping bags with coyote fur trim and man is that fur soft and warm

I recently went on the Savage Varminter rifle binge. I have both 204 and 243 rifles. I like the 243 option for calling in yotes if cougs might be around. Other wise I an torn between 204, 223, or 22-250. Which ever I have ammo loaded for.

I have a stock Model 70 A in 22.250 that shoots 1/2 inch groups with Federal premium ammo. 22-250 shoots flat and does not burn a barrel like the 220 swift. Remington 700 is likely a better gun than the Winchester 70--so I would go in that direction. Ruger is nice but not as accurate as the 700. You will never go wrong with the 22-250 and you can shoot deer with it as well. Enjoy!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top