JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
338 lapua

When I was a kid I used to watch this documentary series about a coyote that kept hunting this bird. It's really amazing how tough coyoties are to kill. Several times he fell hundreds of feet and even had boulders fall on top of him after he hit, but he just kept on coming. Even an exploding barrel of TNT or repeatedly getting run over by trains wouldn't kill him.

I don't think a 338 Lapua is up to it and probably not even a 50 BMG. Anything short of a tank is probably just wasting ammo, and even then...

The question honestly deserves an it depends... Are we talking about taking yotes for a bounty? If so then I want something that will do minimal pelt damage . If I am just killing yotes cause they are a problem / nuisance to live stock then use whatever gets the job done .. Lots of Coyotes are dispatched with a 270 and a 30-06 back home. When I was hunting pelts I used a 22 hornet , then later a 222 and finally a 223. I only shot things with a 220 or 22-250 that I did not want to sell a pelt off of.

Hasn't been a bounty on 'yotes in Oregon for a long time.

There still is in Oklahoma , hence my asking I was not aware Oregon doesn't have a bounty on them. Surprises me actually considering I have actually seen more than a few around. Coyote can get out of hand really quickly especially when they start breeding with domesticated dogs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top