JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Ruger Compact is available in 7mm-08 and I believe the 77 MKII is also. The 77 MKII series of rifles are one of my most favorite rifles.
I have a Kimber Montana.... I'd rather have my stainless Ruger back.... Granted I put a Timney trigger in it and it was in a Hogue stock, but the investment was about half of the Kimber. The Ruger didn't have the Kimber's feeding troubles and was as accurate. The Kimber's already been sent back once and it's still not right.

Thompson center dimension...I just received my 22-250 and 7mm-08 barrels I ordered for the 308 I have had for a couple months.$188.00 for barrel/mag and if they shoot as good as the 308 I will be more than pleased.Some call it a ugly rifle,but it fits me well and I like the ergonomics of it.

Thompson center dimension...I just received my 22-250 and 7mm-08 barrels I ordered for the 308 I have had for a couple months.$188.00 for barrel/mag and if they shoot as good as the 308 I will be more than pleased.Some call it a ugly rifle,but it fits me well and I like the ergonomics of it.

Yeah, it's looks are slightly bizarre, but it seems like a pretty cool package.

First a reply to DieselScout; Thanks for enlightening me on Jarrett Rifles and Montana Rifles !
Wow...they both flew under my Google search radar. Very cool stuff. Second to hsullyc; The
T/C Dimension rifle is my top contender as of now. Just wanted to bounce the question off
some other experienced folks before I got too serious with the cash end of things. My second
choice is with what orygun has recommended. Thanks to all. So far so good.

Well guess what ?, - Ruger answered my, and perhaps others as well, - request for the Ruger American in 7mm-08. Time to get out my wallet ! Great American company !

From what I have heard the American Rifle is well built ,and accurate.I wish they would make one in a 25-06.Maybe they will answer my request.Please give us a range report.I still have not had time to shoot my Dimension in 7mm-08.Maybe this weekend.

From what I have heard the American Rifle is well built ,and accurate.I wish they would make one in a 25-06.Maybe they will answer my request.Please give us a range report.I still have not had time to shoot my Dimension in 7mm-08.Maybe this weekend.

Earlier I had written to Ruger's CEO that I wanted more caliber choices in their new American rifle. I asked for 1)7mm-08, 2).260 and 3)25-06 I also asked for the .327 cartridge in a rifle format :) I'm very pleased with what Ruger does and makes.

I would love to see the American in many calibers, like .257 Roberts. First though, why hasn't it been released in .223?

Ruger just expanded the caliper range and added a shorter version as well. Give 'em some time. I wouldn't be surprised if they add more choices as they confirm market demand. I have not found or read a bad review of the rifle yet. The
only thing that I would say is that I will add a dab of thread-locker to the screws that attach the Weaver scope mounts.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top