JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need to replace my shocks on my older Toyota T100 4x4. I don't need anything super fancy just to get back on the road for as cheap as possible. I see shocks for as little as $20 each but I hesitate... I figure I'm willing to up to about 50/60 bucks each would be a good compromise. I was thinking about Rancho RS5000 only cause I recognise the name but I don't know anything about shocks though.

Any suspension folks out there with a preference, what's the best affordable shock for a midsize pickup?

Give NAPA auto parts a call. They sell Many different options for you, depending on what you mainly use your truck for, they will have several options! ! I did a quick and dirty search and see about 20 options! KYB are a really good shock for not a lot of money and will last you many years! I run these on my Jeep and have no complaints, it rides just as nice as any of the others I have used before!

I ran the Autozone special in my Yukon. I can't remember.. Gabriel? Worked damn fine.

If I'm rolling in cheese I'll splurge on other things. Shocks are just shocks. If I get the same lifespan out of a $20 pair vs a $50... ..

Recently replaced the ones in the Pilot. They were spendy $120 each or some BS like that. I like universals, not strut type.

KYB are a really good shock for not a lot of money and will last you many years! I run these on my Jeep and have no complaints, it rides just as nice as any of the others I have used before!
thats good to know, what Im looking for. I'll compare prices and flip a coin...

Gabriel? Worked damn fine.

If I'm rolling in cheese I'll splurge on other things. Shocks are just shocks. If I get the same lifespan out of a $20 pair vs a $50... ..
I hesitate to go as low as $20 in the past when I've gone cheapest on things I most always end up replacing them sooner than later. I just don't know where the price point is though...

I bought the heavier duty (XT?) use Les Schwab retail shocks, not the top of the line, but one or two up from their entry level light truck shocks. They were, at the time, rebranded shocks of a popular shock with good reputation and performance. They were the first replacement shocks for the Bilsteins that came with my Z 71 that had 150K miles on them. After 4+ years and a lot of hunt/camp trips, they are performing great. I think they're the best for the money; not super cheap but worth it as they're guaranteed for life. They also have KYB models in stock too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top