JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys ill be getting a ruger 10-22 here shortly that's stock and I want the best bang for the buck accuracy mod at first then ill get into bull barrels and stocks and other stuff but any and ALL help is greatly appreciated! Thank you

Upgrade the trigger first. The stock trigger is horrible. I upgraded the stock, barrel and trigger and put a decent scope on it and it will shoot 1/2 MOA with CCI mini mags.

sorry MnP hope i am not thread jacking., i wanted to jump in also.. does a heavy barrel on a 10/22 make a big difference?.. i am in the market for a 10/22

sorry MnP hope i am not thread jacking., i wanted to jump in also.. does a heavy barrel on a 10/22 make a big difference?.. i am in the market for a 10/22

IMHO: In short, yes. If you're shooting from a bench rest the added weight stabilizes the gun. An aftermarket market barrel will further increase accuracy due to tighter tolerances in the chamber, bore and have a better crown.

Green Mountain barrels are a very decent barrel for the price. So I've read.

Rimfire Central is a great place for info and reviews on the .22

http://www.rimfirecentral.com

Lean it up against the back wall of your gun cabinet and reach for your Savage MKII FV or VFT bolt action .22 its amazing how much the accuracy of that clunky Ruger 10-22 will improve.

Just do your own trigger job.

I brought my 10/22 trigger down from 8lbs to under 3, all with a little sanding. It was my first 10/22 trigger and I could not be happier with it. I figured I would try it out, and if I messed something up then I will just buy an aftermarket trigger to replace the parts. I now have an amazing trigger, and all it cost was a couple sheets of sandpaper. There are a plethora of videos and instruction on how to do online. While I was in there I also polished all of the contact points, and the bolt/receiver. It is so smooth now. Standing unsupported I can keep 20 rounds in a 3 inch group at 25 yards with a cheap bsa red dot.

Bang for buck...... Install a pillar and glass bed the action in the stock. You probably want to wait to do this if you plan on changing the barrel and/or stock.

First mod I would do is a aftermarket extractor. It won't tighten up any groups but it sure does help avoid jams.

The trigger is where I would start to improve accuracy. There are many different options and just about anything is an improvement. I like the Rimfire Technologies hammer and sear.

It's a build as all builds go I'm doing it for fun. I had a savage mark II FVXP. And sold it off to modify a 10-22 because they're sooo much fun to shoot, not only that but my dad is also building one and I love doing projects with him. Between my dad my wife and I all of our S&W m&p's have trigger jobs done by myself and him because we love to tinker and love the difference in feel it gives to the gun. That being said the more things my dad and I can work on together the more fun we have which IS the reason I got rid of my savage with supreme accuracy and got this gun

Meh.

Do your own trigger work.

"Best" mod: heavy barrel
get rid of that horrid barrel band.
Get either a stock that will sit the barrel like its beaded or one that's full floating.

Dime groups at 50 yards

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads