JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Literally anything but Herters for me. I've shot 5 or 6 boxes of that stuff from different lots and in different calibers and it's been jam here, misfire there and a few that were so obviously flawed that I refused to even load them. Blazer has run fine for me. S&B will give me a few FTEs in most guns but will light often enough. Freedom runs fine. Federal American Eagle and Magtech have been the most consistent and accurate.

Ok and I am fairly new to guns in general so from experience how do you all feel about +p ammo? And am i good to put it throught a gen 4 glock 17?

Ok and I am fairly new to guns in general so from experience how do you all feel about +p ammo? And am i good to put it throught a gen 4 glock 17?

A Glock will handle +P or +P+ just fine. I wouldn't use it for regular target practice, but it's not a bad idea to shoot a box of your carry ammo to get used to the feel and note any change in point of impact.

I've been buying Freedom munitions B stock. Super cheap and goes bang, Never have had an issue at all. I think it's 500rds for $86 or so. They offer coupons sometimes, so it's a little cheaper.

... Remington 115gr / 124gr UMC
L9MM3 / L9MM2
Clean firing and little residue left behind on hands/clothing/gun

RBS 9mm 115gr TMJ
<broken link removed>

Clean and doesn't leave much if any residue on hands, clothing or handgun.

I honestly haven't notice a different between ANY cheap 9mm ammo i've purchased, most of which have been Walmart Federals and Sellier & Bellot ($10/box during sales). I've also shot Herters nylon heads, Blazers Aluminum, Blazers Brass, Magtech, Corbon, you name it.

Cheapest you can get. Just plinking so what the hell. Honestly, I shoot at 50ft, as far as my local indoor range allows, and unless you are real good your groups aren't going to change much from expensive to cheap.

Now if you are competing, or really trying to zero in, that's another story.

Practice with anything that goes bang using the proper fundamentals, and you will be better for it when its needed

If you're doing high volume shooting and you don't reload, tula by far beats all. $9 a box for 9mm $11-14 for .40 and $13-15 for .45. If your pistol is worth its weight in salt it should eat up that ammo without issue.
Don't let the foolish tell you the steel cases damage anything on your firearm, because it doesn't.
By far the best training/plinking ammo for rifle and pistol.

Ok so all sounds good, cheap ammo is fine if reloading is not a concern. I have heard that here and there bi mart will have 1000 rounds of 9mm luger on sale for $199 so im hoping to hop on that if they have it again soon.

I think that is the every day price $199.99 per 1000 9mm at RCW firearms in Rainer Or but it may have changed since the last time I was in there worth a call though.

I bought 5 boxes of the Herters nylon jacketed stuff and found that accuracy wasn't very good with it. That was several months ago when it was on sale and with free shipping so it was cheap enough, just sprayed all over the place.

Ok so lets switch it up here, cheapest for plinking, what about favorite 9mm ammo for self/ home defense/carry. I know "45" "45" "45" but just taling about 9mm here what do you prefer and how much does it cost?

Reloads. 125 gr cast bullet, CCI primer, and 3.8 grs Bullseye. About $2/box.

How so cheap? It's costing me $2.65 give or take per 50 round box. I'm using 125 cast, cci primers, 4.9 grains power pistol and the last time I bought lead was at $0.25 and I got a nice supply of tin for reloading a couple boxes of shells.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top