JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would say glock also but since ur not into "plastic"....... i would say SIG SAUER ….. I have an old skool sig p6 but a few "bad" things would be hallow points make the gun jam up (my sig is older....1981) and only 8 rnd capacity..... factory mags are kinda spendy too but i LOVE sigs and glocks lol

I carry a P229R in 9mm myself. I love it. Looks, accuracy, and its just sexy to hold and fire. It has a very solid feel to it because of its aluminum frame instead of polymer.

Did I say accurate? I hit a tack nail on the head on my second shot from 25 yards out. My buddy gave me 13 shots to do it, and money was involved. Nuff said!

I'm in the market to buy my first pistol and I've decided I want a 9mm. Im looking for something thats really reliable that I can put thousands of rounds easily through without any problems. I'm not a fan of the plastic I'd like a gun thats attractive. Looking to spend less than 800 or so. I will be buying from a private seller so it doesnt have to be the latest model or anything.

From searching reviews online I'm looking at a Baby Eagle, CZ-75, or a Berretta 92f. I really like the look of 1911s but I don't know anything about them or how hard it would be to find a good one in 9mm. After I get some feedback I'm planning on going to the range and renting some pistols to see what I like the feel of.

What do you guys think, any recommendations?

Yes, do go to the range and rent a few guns. The biggest mistake people make is not trying before buying.

Before you buy consider the following:

Does the gun fit my hand properly?
Do I like guns with decockers?
Do I like manual safeties?
Do I like guns with no manual safeties?
Do I like slide mounted safeties/decockers?
Do I like DA/SA triggers?
Are steel guns to heavy to carry?
How will I carry it?
What's the guns role?
Can I find accessories for it?
Will someone else rely on the gun for defense?

Don't rule out plastic guns. We can make all the recommendations we want. Unltimately it is you that has to choose. Give yourself the information to choose wisely.

As far as looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think all guns look cool. Even the Glock. Personally I like a 1911.

Good luck.

Who could call a Sig ugly? :)

View attachment 209058

DSCN1950.jpg

Lord only knows that there are lots of them; most every one that has been mentioned thus far is a good recommendation. I'd add the Walther P5, the Walther P88C (the king of the wondernines), and, of course, the P99.

Nice photography, by the way. Thanks for sharing those excellent pictures.

I have over 15,000 rounds through my Beretta px4 without so much as a hiccup.
It has been the definition of flawless.
I even managed to win my local league with it.

I know you're not a fan of plastic, but i'm betting your a fan of accuracy and reliability.
I'll never hesitate to recommend the px4

I think they're very attractive stock

But robar has done some impressive aftermarket work imo
IMG_0419_1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show