JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow the glockies are out in full force, with their disposable pistols. Why believe the opinion of someone who would buy a $100 pistol for $500? Who else would buy an idiot proof pistol?

I suppose you haven't seen the "disposable" 1,000,000 rd Glock 21 torture test at glocktalk.com that would have obliterated multiple 1911s or US made revolvers..

They have this thing called technology. It changes over time. You might want to put down that 1911 and pick up a Colt Patterson. No reason to be messing with new fangled thing-a-ma-jigs.

I have several 1911s and BHPs and carry them most of the time but reality is reality and Glocks are pretty bad arse weapons

I can't argue with that. Glock is the best bang for the buck. I own 4 currently and have had 3 others in the past. I like to broaden the horizon. I like many brands, some more than others. I've never owned a bad glock. Can't say the same about fn, smith & wesson, or ruger.

They have this thing called technology. It changes over time. You might want to put down that 1911 and pick up a Colt Patterson. No reason to be messing with new fangled thing-a-ma-jigs.

Technology, really? Glock uses a striker system that most gun makers gave up on in the early 1900's. They use polymers pioneered in the 40's, first used in guns by HK over 40 years ago. No manual safety, the "safeties" incorporated are basically a marketing ploy. Nothing really "new" has come down the pike in a long time in the gun industry.

Glock did not pioneer any thing, came up with nothing new, just came along and combined others ideas.

From a purely functional point of view the glock works. how long? who cares. I don't plan on putting a million rounds through anything, rather spend the 250,000 (or more) dollars on more guns. I personally do not want to associate with anyone who would bury a gun for a couple of years, rather see them courtmartialed.

Electronic ignition would be nice, but, that has been around for some time now, along with polygonal barrels.

The gun industry has reinvented so much, basically to con the consumer into buying their new and improved BS.

If glocks are the culmination of the gunmakers art, what are you doing here? Be happy with your glock, build an altar for it, and leave the rest of us alone. If we should recieve a blow to the head or other traumatic brain injury, we will probably join you. Rather convert to some rolling in the aisles evangelical speaking in tongues sect than own a glock.

I currently own a plastic pistol that IMHO outdoes the Glock in many areas, the FNP 45 USG model, real safety, decocker, exposed hammer, everything ambidextrous, recoils like a 40.

BTW I would take that Colt Patterson off your hands, anytime.

#1 - I'd say that the P210 Legend and the P226 X-6 would be a tie. The action feels like smooth greased ball bearings on the P210, like nothing else I've ever felt. Whereas the X-6 shoots as well if not a tiny bit better, looks nicer, and carries more rounds. I someone laid both out and said pick just one, it would be the P226 X-6.

#2, An Angus Hobdel tuned CZ 75 Tactical Sport is right on their heals and costs a whole bunch less $. I saw a used one go for @$1000 on NW Firearms and almost bought it myself to keep the other one company. Real good, real good value. http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-Tactical-Sports-9mm.aspx

#3 The Sig X-5 series, pick any.

#4 Wilson /Les Baer/Nighthawk 1911's all right in there together but my knowledge is in the .45s.

Way down the list are the HK P7s and Glocks mentioned above, etc etc. I don't know where a custom 1911 would be as I'm not familiar, maybe someone else with knowledge could step into that and discuss that option.

How about a Mauser C96? I bet it would be a pleasure to shoot, and a good conversation starter......lol.

mauser.jpg

mauser.jpg

I think we can all agree that pistol preference is a very personal thing. Some guns just arent a good fit for some people. But personal insults because of it is very silly. Gun owners need to stick together.

im really glad other people like guns like the 1911 and xd and springfield rugers keltecs Taurus Beretta ,hk, it leaves the Glocks to the guys in the know dont worry though after you guys have been around guns as long as i have you guys will come to your senses and get the Glock :s0114:

At the risk of being flamed by the Glock lovers here I go. I think it's kinda funny that when they have problems with there Glocks it's not a big deal. They send them back to get fixed for what ever reason no big deal. Any time any other gun has a problem it's the biggest POS on the planet and there Glock that got sent back is so much better of a gun.

If you take a objective look at it Glocks are not as good as they used to be. I'm not saying Glocks suck, I think there are good guns but not the be all end all of guns. They had alot of problems with the gen4's. The Glock guys say oh no big deal getting hit in the face with hot brass, stovepiping, ftf, or fte. It gets fixed no big deal.

I would also like to add Glock better watch out. I have not touched my 17, or 19 since I got my 9mm PPQ. I like it so much my next handgun will be a .40 PPQ.
I do believe the 19 is better if you are looking for a conceal carry piece. I may have a 17, 22, and 23 for sale. Sorry the 19 is still a keeper.

To me, a malfunctioning Glock is a huge deal due to its rarity. I have owned over 8 glocks through the years, firing many thousands of rounds, and can count on two hands the number of non ammo related jams Ive had.

I suppose you haven't seen the "disposable" 1,000,000 rd Glock 21 torture test at glocktalk.com that would have obliterated multiple 1911s or US made revolvers..
OOOOOooohh..This is getting serial now. Whatever nine he decides to go with, it should be high dollar(since he wants to pony up the $2,500), custom, accurate and will appreciate over time. My personal choice would be the Sigs over $1,500, H&K's over $1,200 or a stainless cylinder and slide custom refit browning lookalike.
Everybody and their mother and their instructor and their dog has a glock..may as well get a rare gun that most people would not be able to afford, and in stainless to check the visible wear, but like the high end Sigs that drop jealous jaws IMO.

#1 - I'd say that the P210 Legend and the P226 X-6 would be a tie. The action feels like smooth greased ball bearings on the P210, like nothing else I've ever felt. Whereas the X-6 shoots as well if not a tiny bit better, looks nicer, and carries more rounds. I someone laid both out and said pick just one, it would be the P226 X-6.

#2, An Angus Hobdel tuned CZ 75 Tactical Sport is right on their heals and costs a whole bunch less $. I saw a used one go for @$1000 on NW Firearms and almost bought it myself to keep the other one company. Real good, real good value. CZ 75 Tactical Sports 9mm

#3 The Sig X-5 series, pick any.

#4 Wilson /Les Baer/Nighthawk 1911's all right in there together but my knowledge is in the .45s.

Way down the list are the HK P7s and Glocks mentioned above, etc etc. I don't know where a custom 1911 would be as I'm not familiar, maybe someone else with knowledge could step into that and discuss that option.
The CZ 1911 Guardian 9mm is a sweet looker at $ 1, 500 - $ 1,600...my favorites in 1911 is the Wilson CQB with LR, ultralight carry, or X-tac 9mm 4'' $ 2,400- $3,300..they are the nicest of the nice in stainless quality for the discriminating buyer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top