JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shield trigger can be fixed with an ~ $93 trigger kit from Apex Tactical (link). So that makes a $400 gun into a $500 gun. That's about the normal G19 pricing. I think it is a good enhancement I haven't taken the plunge because as bad as it may be, I think the gritty 9lb trigger long pull is adequate.

I also wished it had better front sight, like the XDs.

I've heard and seen videos on latest gen G19 failures when limp wristed. I tried to limp wrist my Shield 9mm the worst way possible, and it never failed. I wished I had taped the tests.
And I had my Shield FTF last night. This isn't a competition between them, LOL. They are both very good
guns, I just prefer the G19.
Last night I tried out my new Walther PPQ 40- wow! I think it's my favorite next to my G19. The trigger practically pulls itself, and
the ergos are amazing.

Another vote for m&p. I have the 9 compact and haven't gotten the wife out to try it yet but my 9 year old handles it fine. Also not bad the older ruger p series. Great guns to learn with and you can find them on the cheap.

I'm not a woman and don't play one on TV.
However, recently a friend's sister-in-law was visiting and they asked me to bring over some handguns.
Brought out an assortment of pistols and revolvers. .38, .357, 9MM and .45.
Was a bit surprised, but after shooting everything her pick was the Colt Lightweight Defender.
She shot it very well.

If she isn't just taking it to the range but is going to also be concealed carrying possibly I love the Walther PPS 9mm I fired a few weeks back now I'm having the darn hard time finding one I would love more gun shops to get them in! My husband has a Walther PPQ 40mm and I love shooting that gun not a bad recoil so the 9mm PPQ would be less and I love the grip and the changeable back strap to fit my hand better. I also like how all the Walthers I have or tried out from p22, pps and ppq the gun feels more balanced in your hand and not front heavy like other handguns I have tried

For new female shooters, have them try a full-size, metal framed, pistol. it will be the softest shooting gun with less felt recoil. For those not acustom to firearms, recoil would be very intimidating. My wife, very petite, is more comfortable shooting my CZ75B than any other 9mm, by far.

My husband has a Walther PPQ 40 and I love shooting that gun not a bad recoil so the 9mm PPQ would be less and I love the grip and the changeable back strap to fit my hand better.
I have both the .40 and the 9mm, and they are both great. The kick on the .40 is not bad at all, although of course more than the
9mm. Trigger is so light, and the ergos I think are even better than my G19 (which is also incredibly comfortable, although I give the
edge to the Walthers).

Barrel length and width is the same (think about it, once it's chambered it doesn't matter whether your mag is a single stack or a double).
Overall, compared to the other compact single stacks on the market (at least until the XDS 9 makes its appearance) the Shield is a really wonderful little gun. It's easy to carry, easy to conceal, and very pleasant to shoot. Recoil is very manageable, I really like it. I just wish it were a Glock....

Barrel length and width are not the same at all, if it were the same you would not have the Shield. It does matter if it's a single or a double stack wheter a round is chambered or not, think about it that's why its so much easier to conceal...

After training my daughters on a Glock 19, they can pick up and shoot anything. She was shooting my .44 mag the other day hitting the same hole. and I think this is important with training newbies and partcularly those who may not be training as often. The Shield is an amazing flat light carry but frankly my other larger guns are more pleasurable to handle, rack and shoot. I finally sold my xds and shield and now carry a Kimber compact, sig 228 or g19. Love shooting these way more than the mini compacts. A custom kydex or beautiful Galco helps too.

Id say a lighter crisper trigger pull is what most women prefer.
The couple Ive introduced into shooting also really like the DA/SA firearms with a decocker.
My woman really likes my P89 for some reason.. And its a pretty bulky pistol.

Perhaps a 92FS or Taurus 92, crisp triggers and both are DA/SA.. And inexpensive (used) to boot.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top