Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Best 9mm 3-lug can? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by aquariumjunky, Jan 14, 2011.

1. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

So what are your thoughts on best 9mm 3-lug can. SWR Trident 9 and Gem-tech Multi-mount are current leaders but willing to hear other thoughts.

Any experience with either or both?

Thanks,
    Steven

2. nubus

nubus Guest

I own a Trident 9 and love it.
    No exp. with the Gemtech.

I have a fixed mount and a Nielsen device for mine.
    Light and it sounds like a pneumatic staple gun with 147 gr subs.

I think it would be hard to go wrong with either.

3. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

Trident is a good can. A steady diet of winchester white box ammo, isn't healthy for it though. Baffles don't like it, atleast while running the LID.

If I were looking to buy another 9mm can. I would take a long hard look at the Liberty Mystic. Yes you may get a bit of sticker shock from it. But the multi-purpose utility aspects of it are worth it IMHO. It will save you money in the long run. Unless you already own dedicated cans for the calibers it will cover,,, :)

It will accept the Gemtech 3-lug mount as well,,,:cool:

4. TOVO

TOVO SW WA. Active Member

I have an AAC Evo 9mm can. I have all three attachments to work on my Glock 17 (floating barrel), Mac mini (fixed barrel) and my CA89k (3 lug). Now it takes a few minutes to switch it but it works great. Small and light also.

5. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

How about the 9mm SMG can from TROS? I like the idea of buying local but don't know anyone who has first hand experiance with one? Do you? Thoughts? Here is a link if you have no clue what i am talking about.
    http://www.trosusa.com/SMG/Nemesis_MP5.htm

At 595 with the 3-lug mounts sounds like a pretty good value.

Thanks,
    Steven

6. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I am not usually a fan of one word answers but that is what I have this time.

Trident 9

I dont have a 3 lug mount but I have 2 different pitch thread mount and an LCD. I have used it more on my .300 Whisper AR then I have on a pistol.