JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I left my sugar (for coating) in my other pants.

I used to be like that until I realized I couldn't beat knowledge into people, I had to let them ingest it themselves. (Kids and adults aren't any different in that regard). I can think of the number of times someone being abrasive helped me learn better instead of elicit a negative response - very few.

I post up FACTS that MOST smaller pocket/mouse guns are lousy to shoot, are less accurate and not the best choice for a first time gun owner and everyone gets their feelers hurt and starts posting their "accurate" groups.

You specifically listed the P365 as a gun that is "hard to shoot, mitigates recoil poorly, and is not all that accurate."

That is completely false.

Perhaps don't state things that are untrue and people won't have to correct you.

You specifically listed the P365 as a gun that is "hard to shoot, mitigates recoil poorly, and is not all that accurate."

That is completely false.

Perhaps don't state things that are untrue and people won't have to correct you.

Incorrect. I specifically stated "guns like the 365". Meaning small mouse guns in general and the since the 365 was recommended (even though it wasn't an option in the OP) I used it as an example.

Perhaps read the OP and my comments again? Enjoy your Sig, sounds like you really like it.

Ok, thanks everyone, I have enough info. I am going to let her choose from my weapons after trying them all. When supplies get to normal, she can trade it in on whatever she wants. Thanks a lot, it was helpful.

Also, consider if you've friends who have different guns who'll let her try those guns.

As to the micro-guns...my Ruger LC9S was not for me. Too snappy, trigger pinched my delicate little digit...what to do?

Gave it away.

Itty bitty guns...blow.

Incorrect. I specifically stated "guns like the 365". Meaning small mouse guns in general and the since the 365 was recommended (even though it wasn't an option in the OP) I used it as an example.

Perhaps read the OP and my comments again? Enjoy your Sig, sounds like you really like it.
Fair enough. What you stated about mouse guns is generally true. The P365 is a unicorn, however.

Some of these responses make me dizzy. The OP asked about SPECIFIC firearms he already owns and of course then some members recommend their own favorite EDC. Fine. I post up FACTS that MOST smaller pocket/mouse guns are lousy to shoot, are less accurate and not the best choice for a first time gun owner and everyone gets their feelers hurt and starts posting their "accurate" groups. LOL. Cracks me up. If 6" groups at 10 yards is considered "accurate" I must be a walking laser beam. :rolleyes:
If that's how you shoot, I'd like some pointers
:s0062:

I'm also not disagreeing with your assertions about modern pocket pistols. As I said in my first response, the CZ75 would be my pick of the three. I even said the P365 is not a target pistol, but should have said "it's a gut gun". I'm just trying to add some variety to the conversation by removing a limit on the choices at hand. Figured I'd back up any suggestion with first hand experience and forgot to add "YMMV".

I will admit however, I can bust clays out to 30 yards with .32acp pocket pistols from the 20's. Love me a Savage 1907!

After years of being anti gun and living the Seattle, my daughter has seen the riots and looting and changed her mind. After she takes the classes and goes to my club enough to be safe, should I give her my Canik YP9SFX or my M & P 2.0 9 mm? I also have a CZ 75 but that is not a good beginner gun in my opinion. Any thoughts?

Take her to the range, let her shoot all of them, and the two of you decide which is best. Consider getting her something to lock it away from the kids too: deadbolt lock on a closet if nothing else. Good luck and glad to hear that more folks are going over to the 2A side.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top