JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am guessing that a federal law on 80% receivers is probably not going to happen before the next congressional election in 2018, but I don't know about Oregon's legislature, so I am thinking maybe I should get a few 80% AR receivers, bot AR-15 and AR-10.

I want the "best" as in good dimensional tolerances, good materials and workmanship and so on. I assume the best would be a "forging"? I also want the best chance of the receiver working well (as in compatibility/fit) with a good spec upper.

I don't mind paying more to get something better.

Suggestions/recommendations?

New frontier. I've tried a lot of different brands. New frontier is the best hands down. No roll pins, 4-40 capture screws for all the springs. Even the bolt catch is a milled rod on a 4-40 screw. Fit and finish is fantastic.

In interested too but want to know what the "best cheapest" is?

AR-Stoner 80% Lower Receiver AR-15 Aluminum
I have two AR stoner 80% lowers one is the black one and the other is the the plane stripped one they cheap price wise I could not comment on them any more than that because I have not even started working on them like the other guy's I bought them because they where on sale at midway USA and who knows how long before you can't buy them I also have two polymer 80% one is the big AR10

arparts/vision armory which I dunno if they are even still around.

But they made a good 7075 forged lower that is cerakoted. Buddies used 6061 lowers (6061 is not milspec material) so machining those was much quicker and easier on the milling tools. 7075 is more like steel and takes better grade bits and cutting oil to machine it.

Their jig was ever so slightly off so we machined the jig a bit to make it work.

I don't recall exactly where we needed to enlarge it, but I do remember it was to clear the trigger for proper fitment. As we worked with it we compared to my Rainier Arms lower to make sure we were not going too thin on the sides.

Other than the jig could have been slightly better, the lower functions fine and is a very snug fit on my upper.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top