JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just saw a projection that the dems are going to take the majority of Congress in this election.

So, I am thinking I should build at least one AR pistol from an 80% lower before the elections.

I am willing to pay more for better value and quality.

I have read that the forging are better, the ones with some reinforcements are better and so on.

Recommendations? Reasons?

Parts:

I am also thinking I want to drop a Fostech Echo trigger/BCG into it. Get a 12" barrel with the Wylde chambering and so on. Probably a piston upper. I want it to be light and handy, but not fall apart in the field with rough usage.

Try to build a pretty decent AR pistol with some reliability.

Advice?

TIA

The kids down the street [ Nice college kids actually]. They built about 8 of them over a couple week period using a drill press and a jig. They take about 3 or 4 hours to finish and the problem is the holes for the trigger pins and the safety are too big with the recommended drill size used. The Hard anodizing is applied after the machining and is about as hard as sapphires which tightens up the holes. But the OVER SIZED KNS anti rotate pins tighten up the slop in the hammer and trigger quite nice and tighter than a factory anodized after machining lower and gives a real nice trigger feel. That is the secret used by Giselle trigger sets. If the machining is done on a cnc machine the job takes about 5 minutes but that is a different store and the trigger pins are still a bit loose. They all worked fine and and the doing the work yourself seemed to be worth it for the kids. Store bought would be better. The pride in craftsmanship seems to be the bet reward for the labor.

I just saw a projection that the dems are going to take the majority of Congress in this election.

First I've heard of that. If anything, I've been hearing the opposite, either that or a maintaining of the current status quo.

I can't give a first hand review, but I'm thinking like you are and plan on getting a few 80% lowers myself before the end of the year - along with a jig. After doing a lot of research online, reading a lot of reviews, I'll be buying my jig and probably my lowers from Modulus Arms. Their jig is one of the best I've seen, but then again, that's based on other's reviews, not my own:

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews