JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the same problem, but in reverse.
HK 45 Tactical "check"
Glock with Lone Wolf "check"
Colt 70 series National Match with threaded Barrel by Tornado Technologies "check"
Silencerco Osprey 45 suppressor, nope. Still waiting on the ATF.

I have a Glock 21 with a KKM barrel. Works hella nice with my .45 Osprey.

But, then again, either of your other two choices would probably work fine, too. Depends quite a bit on what YOU like.....:s0155:

Hadn't thought about an FN... I don't have the suppressor in my hand yet (probably late this year), but it's an Octane so I'd like to find something that comes with tall sights to clear the can.

I have shot all of the above the HK's and Glock 21 are awesome and work great. 1911 can be a little finicky but when set up right is a thing of beauty suppressed. Sig 220 was a blast and worked great. FN had lots of problems with several pistols and they feel like a brick. Don't put to much stock in the tall sights most people who swap out end up going back as they are kind of goofy to use with the exception being the factory sights on the hk tactical. In the end so far my favorites to shoot and have fun with have been the Hk mark 23 and a 1911

I'm strongly leaning towards an HK. Looking at the HK 45 Tactical and USP 45 Tactical, both in either full size or compact. Does anyone have any experience with on versus the other?

I went with the HK-45 Tactical after shooting both models.

HK45-T
Improved ergonomics. (it felt better then the USP)
Ambidextrous slide release. (way better location then the USP)
Doesn't need an adapter for a tac light.
Meprolight three-dot tritium night sights. (Standard height, but they still work with an Osprey suppressor)
You can switch trigger variations. (9 in all)

USP Tactical 45
Larger magazine capacity (12 vs 10)
Comes with the threaded barrel.
Adjustable trigger.
Taller sights for a suppressor.

I shot both and the USP just didn't feel right in my hands compared to the 45T
The USP grip ergonomics were just slightly off compared to the 45T

An Osprey suppressor was switched between the two models and the HK45T smaller sights would be an issue if you were using a round can, but the Osprey worked great and I didn't like the USP taller sights when the can was removed.

I think the HK 45 is a fantastic host. It's probably on the more expensive side. Pragmatically, I think a Glock or S&W host would work just fine.

The HK's are expensive, but I'm still 7-8 months from needing it. Lots of time to save up.

Although I do have an unreasonable desire for an M&P 45...

If you already have a G21, then pop-in a Lone Wolf barrel and done, hardly gets simpler and less expensive than that.
If it's an excuse to acquire a new piece though, the Sig's are nicely made machines.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top