JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think Paco Kelly has some data for some 250 grain SWC's going 1200. I think that'd do it.
Why fight your way to your .22 short or birdshot loaded 12 gauge when you gots de byatch slappage to hand?
Of course you still have to land it but it is what it is.

I carry Golden Saber 185 Gr. +P loads. I bought 500 of them and 1000 Lawman 185 Gr. hardball last Oct or Nov, before the "hoarding" started.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I hear that.I also saw a tv show on sportsman channel where a guy shot through layers of drywall that were spaced a foot or so apart.the ball and hollow point bullets both went through several layers of the wall.The hollow point fragmented but still was deadly through more than 4 layers of wall.
The best looking tool for home defense,in the instance of the show was a 12 guage loaded with 7 1\2 bird shot.at close range the shot charge acts like a slug but dissapates rather quickly.Still went through 4 or 5 layers of wall though.The thing I didnt like about the test was the lack of insulation between the layers of wall.I think that would have made a considerable difference in the penetration.
Now back to the original post.I use any premium self defense labeled ammo that shoots good. through gun.I shoot 40 cal. for home defense,just for the capacity increase ofer my 1911.

How many 12 in. rooms do you have in your house?
If none then those test are worthless.

I carry either the Winchester SXT 115gr in my 9mm or the Hornady Critical Duty 220gr in my 5" 1911, the critical Duty is made for full size guns where as the Critical Defense is made for "all sizes" basically its better for the smaller carry guns. The critcal duty's do hit with some authority for sure, they knock my rifle plate around quite a bit when you are shooting them.

So you`re saying that at 10 yards a .45 has more energy than a load of #6 or#8 shot?At that range the shot is still in one mass.It`s going to make a very large hole in a human no matter where you shoot them.

Whatever you can afford to shoot a lot of and practice with. This will allow you to hit center mass if the time ever came to that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -

Have you ever seen the damage from a close range load of #6?I have.When I was in high school a freind of mine was accidentaly shot from about 10 yards.entered just below his right side ribs,completely blew his right kidney out of his body.Had he been hit square in his chest,his heart would have been popped like a balloon.His sternum would have privided little protection.A shot the head at that distance would blow your head like a watermelon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top