JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Think I'm gonna order one a these. Might not be the "best" if there is such a thing, but they look cool.

Ruger1759GPUnfluted_zpsew70mwvm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I'm gonna order one a these. Might not be the "best" if there is such a thing, but they look cool.

I have fondled one on several occasions and they've had to wipe off the drool and tears when they put it back. My birthday is in Rocktober and the guys at NW Armory are on alert for when my girl comes through the door...

^^^^I agree, however, when I was out hunting or exploring it never bothered me. Rather, it gave me a sense of security, especially when I had no rifle and had my family with me

Where there's a will, there's a way. Fortunately, for me, fashion takes a back-seat to security, so I can carry anything I have a mind to. And I guess I've carried big guns for so long, that I must have just made myself used to it. Any gun, any size, in the right holster and I forget I'm even carrying it.:cool:

WAYNO.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Fortunately, for me, fashion takes a back-seat to security, so I can carry anything I have a mind to. And I guess I've carried big guns for so long, that I must have just made myself used to it. Any gun, any size, in the right holster and I forget I'm even carrying it.:cool:

WAYNO.
You wanna talk big? The Elmer'd generally carry (for 800yd elk shots and whatnot oh my!) a .44.. 3lb gun with a 4". Even if I still rode a horse I'd use a three pound 4" .44 but that's just me.
If it was a .357, I'd much more tend to a 2-2.25lb gun with a 3-4" barrel.. even on a horse.

My first gun ever was a 4" S&W model 19, which I thought was great but I don't have it anymore. Now I have Ruger GP100 and love it. That's got my vote.

There are no best revolvers, just buy a Glock and be done with it.

Glock makes a great gun. Soulless but pure functionality.
A have a few. And have carried a Glock every day for years.

Where the revolver really shines is with powerful loads. My 500 S&W will bend my 10mm Glock over and have it's way with it!

When you need to stop something big and hairy about to do you in. Only a revolver will pack the punch. And keep the weight down.;)

So don't snub the revolver. They have there place.
My 24oz 329 is my choice. When the road turns to gravel.

wheelers 004.jpg

But very colorful:p

I was looking to get SW460 or a 500. After I got my casull, I realized that would just hurt my wrist even more.

Last Edited:
There are no best revolvers, just buy a Glock and be done with it.
For up close and personal, and in a serious bubblegum storm fight, I'd have to agree.

But in a long term "worst case, last handgun I'll ever have, can't find anything else" scenario I'd take the revolver, preferably in a 45 ACP or 9mm (for ammo scrounging reasons) and as many moons as I could tuck away.

Possibly even a black hawk convertible in 357 and 9mm. Adequate for taking medium game and again, for the scrounge availability of the 9mm.

It's just too bad that it would be impossible to do with a 357 revolver what Ruger has done with their newest Redhawk 45/45.

On the street though, in real life, I'm quite content with a six gun. But, as much as I love "wheelies", if knowingly going into a real fight, I'd take the Glock too.

But very colorful:p

I was looking to get SW460 or a 500. After I got my casull, I realized that would just hurt my wrist even more.
In my steady concrete finishing days, I had no problem putting 100 or so rounds of heavy 44s through my 5.5 SBH with one hand.

Last year, I put a box of standard 240gr. through my friends 4" 629 and OUCH! I was surprised because i'd shot his 8-3/8ths model 29 with no problem either. But it did have the Hogue rubber Monogrips made a big difference over the factory wood he had on it at one time.

It could have been the presentation grip or the shorter barrel. I don't know how much of a difference 1.5 inches makes on recoil, or how much lighter the 4" 629 was than my 5.5 SBH.

Maybe I need to go out and trowel some concrete again steady for a few months (works not so steady these days). Or maybe I'm just gettin' soft.

These days, my 3" L frame is about as light and as short as I'm willing to go with a 357. I can handle a K fine also, but I just think that a steady diet of 357 is much harder on a K than on an L.

Plus, I prefer something that my boys can handle in case I get killed. Can't imagine them at their age, or myself wielding one of those big mini artillery guns.

Yep, 357 L or Ruger, I think is the best all around for the money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top