JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, you guys just need to STOP it with the pics! The blued steel, the wood grips, the classic lines!...Mmmm...Ohhhhh.

I think I'll get in the safe now to fondle the 66, 686, 629, pre 10 and 19.
Yeah that's it!

I know the OP is probably set on a revolver, but I found the 357 does great from a longer barrel. Like that of a carbine.

If I had to pick a revolver it would be the ruger sp101.

Since you derailed the thread... Here's my latest 357

image000000_zpssdngp4nl.jpg

I ordered one of the short lived Rossi Cyclops brand new years ago. I think it was around $350. Really wasn't too bad a gun. Had a 4x Nikon scope and was kinda accurate for a POS. Wish I had kept it since I didn't get much when I sold the thing. Looked like this pic I found, but very shiny:rolleyes:

100_1529_zpsecqaw8ua.jpg

4" GP100 in Stainless

Overbuilt like the Smith's line (can't remember the series.. K?)

SW627-5PC.jpg 'Best' is an arbitrary term in my thinking. For me the best .357 magnum revolver I have is a S&W 627PC, 5" barrel. Will that get the most out of the gun? No I am sure the 6" and 8-3/8" revolvers will get more out of the ballistics of the .357 magnum, but if I want more I'll take the Marlin 1894C, otherwise the 8 shot 5" barrel I find a 'Best' tradeoff for my personal needs. If I want to carry a .357 magnum I will put the S&W M&P 340 TC in my pocket, but loaded with .38+P.

Last Edited:
i may be stating the obvious but it seems as if rugers and s&w are the ones a guy cannot go wrong with.:D:D:D

You buy a heavy duty truck because it's parts are heavier than you will need so therefor under normal circumstances it will outlast you (in theory with a vehicle but reality with those two brands).

It's not that the gun has a lifetime warranty, it's how often it will break requiring you to use that warranty.

Nothing pisses a mechanic off like a tool breaking. So what if that Performace Tool has a lifetime warranty from Knects if you have to replace it every two months.

:)

You buy a heavy duty truck because it's parts are heavier than you will need so therefor under normal circumstances it will outlast you (in theory with a vehicle but reality with those two brands).

It's not that the gun has a lifetime warranty, it's how often it will break requiring you to use that warranty.

Nothing pisses a mechanic off like a tool breaking. So what if that Performace Tool has a lifetime warranty from Knects if you have to replace it every two months.

:)
exactly why i buy snap-on.

You need to set some rules about what this next revolver is gonna be to you.

Hunting
Target
Collecting

Single action
Double action

Brand

Barrel length

Barrel Thickness
*regular
*heavy
*custom
*rib style

Sights
*Fixed
*Adjustable
*Custom

Frame size

Grips
*Factory
*Target
*Custom

See how that works for you (as a start). And, the budget is _____.

Aloha, Mark

image.jpg Huge Ruger fan here. I own a lot of guns and my GP100 3" is my favorite. Easy to carry and extremely accurate. Great guns. Now I just need a compact set of original gp100 rosewood grips and a different front sight (can't see the black ramp all that well sometimes)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top