JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been fortunate on most my purchases. After reading sniper central Savage 110 came in tighter group than Rem 700 SPS Varmit 1/5" MOA at 100yrds. I own bought 30-06, 223, and 308. After broken in "Text book" way right @ 35-40 rounds Rem 700 shot 4 shot 6 O'clock of bulls eye hole in a hole 223 a week after the 308 caliber perform the same with my hand load. The guys at Estacada Gun Club called it for me so. 30-06 is now between @ 1/2-3/4" on off 3 shot set at lease 3 of 5 set each time I go out. I do wish to put 30-06 to the test clear out beyond 300. I saw on U tube guys shooting ballon at 500 yrds on a staright road country side.

I am going out to "Somberry" Road West 26, a friend said he will find a place for me to shoot 300 yrds. My bench is packed and rest is ready gun clean for next morning will keep you guys posted of this shooting events.

It can be done with the 30.06 out to 6-700yds (balloon breaking) if you and gun are able. Sounds like your friend is taking you to Salmonberry road off 26 just passed the viewpoint. There are several good places to shoot there (if people dont keep trashing it) and also I have a 400+ straight level spot off Wolf Creek road where there are some new clearcuts...People who target shoot in the "woods" need to remember there are more patrols now and you will get tickets for shooting into live trees, skylining, and shooting from or across roads. They are cracking down these days because of the idiot bottle breakers and junk dumpers. Leave the place cleaner than when you got there...pick up other peoples junk .....its OK.......soon they will close the woods to all target shooting and they are working on that now. Dont give them any more reasons.......have fun....

That is a tough question for many reasons. One being you could take 2 Rem 700, Ruger, and winchester and they all might like different ammo better. Other than reloads of your choice I would buy a few boxes of different types and shoot them and record the results becuase many ammo manufactures work differently in different guns. If you just hunting elk or deer you have a 12"-18" radius to hit so groups don't matter much. Like I said just buy several boxes of different weights and brands and use what shoots best.

Thank you for the heads up! A shovel a gallon of water and leave only foot prints is my copy from Canon Camera quote! Shooting into live tree is just wrong the tree exist just like every thing else in nature, if one consider oneself to be an outdoors man one should value all things which keeps nature balance! Home Depot sale wooden stake which cardboard can be mounted and we have ourselves a target stand, reusable don't be tempted to shoot the stake itself. Cheap and easy one for 25 yrds one for 100....

Sat hot and dry shooting went to Vernonia instead. Sight in my 7mm Barns X 140gr and 22-250 bought push by H 414 powder as this is my new interest. 22-250 shot off Savage M12 bull barrel did very well 5 set three shot each all were sub 3/4" same hole to 3/4" 36.5gr-38.0gr. 7mm needs work shot high right 13/4"-2.5" spread, first time with this powder and bullet screaming at 3200fps to 3325 just not as tight as H380 and IMR 4350 using 154gr Hornady

I wonder the recycling company will accept shot up plastic bottle. Fill the 12 oz bottle with water and shoot them at 200 yards and over is easy identification of hitting game at this range. Sat was so hot we end drinking most of the tap water I fill days before for the shooting trip. The friend I went with had a good shooting day he hits several sets of 3 rounds each at 100 and 150 yards tightest groups I have seen in a long time 1/4"-1/2" 300 WSM WilCat load he made himself. I tried 3 rounds, 2.5" group and it kicked more than my 300 WMag I felt. He must have shot up a can full the entire time we were out there. I ask him about his shoulder he said kicked yes but OK. His groups were consistent, I need to work on mine!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top