JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need to buy some mags for my Kimber Custom II that only came w/ a single mag from the factory. What are some good reliable 7 Rd mags to run thru it. I don't compete, just shoot at the range and in the field. Back ten years ago, I used to buy only Colt factory mags for my Series 70 & 80 guns.

View attachment 191245

Wilson 47d's are awsome magazines but pricey. I've had perfect results with chip mc cormack/shooting star brand magazines in my kimber ultra carry. They are around 20.00 ea and can be found online for even cheaper. They are blue or stainless and are very well made, just as well as the factory kimber mag. I use one in rotation as my edc mag.

I had Novak recommended to me and I have one. I use it or the two DW mags that came with my CBOB. The follower of these mags won't allow the nose to tip down. I have and use Chip McCormick Shooting Star mags, but I won't carry them for a reload mag again.
There have been a couple of times when installing a mag in the gun with the slide locked back that the first round isn't in the proper position to feed. The follower can allow the tip of the bullet to be down and the bullet jams into the feed ramp.
This is not a gun problem and only happens with the Shooting star mag. I've never, ever had a problem with the Shooting Star mags once the top round of the mag is in the chamber.
I've heard others diss the Shooting Star mags but they have never backed it up with an explanation. I have had this problem and it is enough for me to be concerned about carrying them for a carry reload. Other than that, and for range use I do like the Shooting Star mags.

I have a Springfield Armory loaded coupon that came w/ my Range Officer. They are offering 7 Rd SA Blued mags for $12 ea that seems like a pretty good deal.

I've tried/have Wilson, Kimber and Chip's...2 years ago, I started using Wolff (see below), I like the nickel ones...never had a problem, ftf or any other issue. I shoot allot of reloaded .45acp...lead/plated/fmj, hp's, ball and swc...I use them in my Kimber and my STI ...I like their quality and they are attractive to my wallet too. I noticed they had mags when I needed some replacement springs...no regrets with either!

Wolff 7 Round Magazines
7%20Rnd%20pair%20Clean%20sm.jpg W. C. Wolff Company is please to introduce our second generation 7 round magazine for 1911 & Commander series pistols. These magazines are custom made for us and are available with a durable black or nickel finish and are available in 3 configurations - No basepad, w/thin base pad or w/thick base pad. Designed for the serious shooter where the ultimate in reliability is required the Wolff 7 round magazine is your choice. With the Wolff logo on the side, you know that you have a genuine Wolff magazine and genuine Wolff performance. Thin base pads are 9/32" thick and the thick base pad is 5/8" thick.

I have a Springfield Armory loaded coupon that came w/ my Range Officer. They are offering 7 Rd SA Blued mags for $12 ea that seems like a pretty good deal.

Based on the mags I got with my Springer, they are crap. Spend the coin and go with the Chip McCormack or Wilson mags. Heck, I've had good luck with plain old Colt mags.

Chip's work great in my Kimbers and my Colt OACP. Actually they have worked just fine in every 1911 I have owned (I hav owned 21).

I use the McCormick 8 rounders for carry and 10 rounders for the range. great product but one of the springs on the 10 rounders is giving out on me already. nose dives the last round into the frame.

Kimber Tac Pro mags have worked well for me, and the 7 rnd Check Mate Industries 1911 mag with hybrid non-tilt followers have been rock solid

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top