JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is in your favorite LPVO 1-6x24 under 1000? Personally I prefer a more full featured Reticle design with drops and wind holds, a horseshoe or similar ring sight for fast acquisition etc. matters more to me than being aimpoint bright. Japanese glass, a nice wide FOV with a flat image that looks clear at all ranges and a forgiving eyebox on 1x.

Right now, for me it seems like the Trijicon Credo 1-6x24 FFP Red is in the lead.

Thoughts?

There are lots of options on the market. Prices and quality varies.

I have had this glass in a 1-4x on my dedicated .22 AR for well over a decade, https://hi-luxoptics.com/collections/close-to-medium-range. I know it's not a high recoil rifle, but it has at least 10k round on it and spent time bouncing around exposed on the truck or ATV. Still going strong. These are nice and inexpensive, but not something I would put on a primary gun.

I have the 1-6 Strike Eagle on my AR-10 platform, https://vortexoptics.com/optics/riflescopes/strike-eagle.html. I do not have ton shooting time on it, but I am happy with the reticle and it is reasonably bright.

I just added a 1-10x a couple of weeks ago to a 16" DMR upper build. After a bunch of research I ended up with the Swamp Fox, https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/ as I was looking in the $500 range. This was compared against Vortex, Primary arms, Sig and similar. I ended up with the SF as I feel it is slight better than the PA and with first responder discount similar priced. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. They come with a variety of reticle. Everything I read about the SF online I will say is accurate. The big complaint is eye box size at 10x and I almost went 8x and glad I did not. Yes at 10x the eye box is small, but even so I can easily pick it up.

If you are looking at Trijicon that is the next level in quality and I am sure they are a great unit. My favorite glass when I buy high quality is, https://www.valdada.com/ but they are above your listed range.

I use the Trijicon Credo HX with the simple dot...as it acts like a dot optic in CQB situations.

Also, which few LPVO's do...at it's lowest power setting, it's very close to no magnification, so again when using in CQB, it doesn't mess the eyes and brain of having one eye with magnification while the other does not.

With the LVPO I don't need all the fancy reticle schtuff, I'll leave that for the more long range rifles.

Some of you will scoff, but I'm a huge fan of Primary Arms ACSS Raptor reticle and have them on most of my rifles. This reticle is super fast to use for CQB as well as longer distances. This one can be used by 5.56 and 308 and there is also a version that works with 7.63x39 and 300 BO:

Even though these retail at $400 the glass is very good and they are very rugged.

Better Japanese glass and PI assembly in the GLx version for $200 more. No experience with these but if I hadn't already purchased SLx versions I would have gone with these:

I'm not an expert, but I am finicky and cheap. For that reason, I believe the Riton 3Tactix -18x24 is the best value for my personal needs. However, if you aren't as cheap as me or if you will be using it in harsh conditions on a regular basis:

If it's good enough for Thunder Ranch?!?

73888A6B-BC67-4A23-88A5-FBE0E5FA1557.jpeg

I'm not an expert, but I am finicky and cheap. For that reason, I believe the Riton 3Tactix -18x24 is the best value for my personal needs. However, if you aren't as cheap as me or if you will be using it in harsh conditions on a regular basis:

View attachment 1334090
Riton is the Rodney Dangerfield of scopes and more people need to know about them.

I don't know all about that, but that reticle would annoy the hell out of me. Like @Cerberus Group, I prefer a less cluttered reticle on a LPVO.

Also, I know green is the color a lot people seem to be moving toward, but I'm sticking with red. I have too many optics that are red and I prefer consistency across the board. I also want to be able to instantly differentiate between my reticle and my laser, so I run red for optics and green for lasers.

Riton is the Rodney Dangerfield of scopes and more people need to know about them.
I have a few Riton scopes. For the money the glass is pretty good. They are a bit heavy but built good quality. My buddy knocked my rife of the table landed right on my scope on gravel. To this day still holding zero and no issues. I do like the burris RT-6 and it is hard to beat also for the $

I decided to go with Trijicon Credo 1-6x24 Second focal plane BDC. Feels really nice in hand. Illumination is daylight visible. Glass clarity and image quality is excellent from edge to edge. I snagged it for a hair under $800 shipped from grabagun.com

Haven't shot with it yet but definitely recommend it!

I decided to go with Trijicon Credo 1-6x24 Second focal plane BDC. Feels really nice in hand. Illumination is daylight visible. Glass clarity and image quality is excellent from edge to edge. I snagged it for a hair under $800 shipped from grabagun.com

Haven't shot with it yet but definitely recommend it!
Definitely would love to hear your impressions. One of my best friends has the Credo SFP but said if he were to do it again he'd go for an FFP. I don't experience with either but have been debating which one I want to go with. I'm kind of leaning towards doing an FFP with an offset red dot as the most common complaint I hear for FFP is the 1x visibility of the dot or reticle.

Definitely would love to hear your impressions. One of my best friends has the Credo SFP but said if he were to do it again he'd go for an FFP. I don't experience with either but have been debating which one I want to go with. I'm kind of leaning towards doing an FFP with an offset red dot as the most common complaint I hear for FFP is the 1x visibility of the dot or reticle.
I've been watching this thread with interest as I do not own an LPVO.

I like the idea of FFP because you can rely on the reticle holdovers at any magnification. The AR15 is capable of making an accurate shot at intermediate distance with the right ammo. Seems like being able to use your reticle to range targets could be useful.

I guess if you compete on the same course on a regular basis and you know all of the distances than maybe it doesn't matter so much. Maybe at that point clarity is more important. FWIW I do like the features of the PA 1-6x24 GLX .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top