JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Submitted eForm1 in late October. For a "silencer."

The application went "pending research" immediately.
I've heard/seen people posting that they were approved in as little as 3 weeks, so I called a few minutes ago to check up on my application. Was on hold about 5 minutes. Very nice customer service rep told me that there's kinda/sorta 2 waiting periods. The normal case is you go in "pending research" and the current average wait period in "pending research" right now is about 90 days. Once that is over, I'll get the email with fingerprint and CLEO information. The fingerprint and CLEO portion is anticipated to take about 60 days.

So, for me, I've probably got another couple weeks (average) before I'll be out of "pending research" and finally send in my fingerprints. Then another 2 months.

Just sharing, and good luck with your own applications.

UPDATE: January 26, application went "Submitted/In Process"
Mailed my fingerprint cards via USPS a couple days later.
February 28, 2021 application APPROVED and stamp received via PDF (which I presume is the only way I'll get it).

SO: 127 days from start to finish for an electronic Form 1 silencer application.

Good luck to everyone.

Now, I'm off to BYE engraving---and then to the range!!! :cool:

BYE engraving in SW Portland did the engraving, today, while my son and I watched him do it. Very reasonable price as well. Walked in expecting to have to leave it for a week or more. Walked out something like 30-45 minutes later much happier than expected. Just thought I'd give them a plug. Nice people. :D

I received an email today from NFA branch. Apparently an approved Form 4 bounced back to them in the mail. I checked the paperwork that was submitted and the address is indeed correct. So, likely the shockingly gross incompetence of USPS strikes again. BATFE is resending it to me.

I posted this on another thread recently when a form 4 arrived mutilated. I sent the ATF a letter explaining the problem requesting a new document or copy. About 3 weeks later I received this:

487979E4-2DB8-4596-8E0E-B466090D6FA7.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top