JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
6 months... I'm counting on faster than that. I predict my F4 Ind. filed last week will be back no later than April. Maybe sooner.
FLO1.jpg
What?

What a pain in the a$$!! Started the process last week...$125 for the trust but my printer was out of ink, so I had to go to Target and spend another $50. Came back and printed off a few copies, but it was too late to get noterized... next day was a friday. I got the PW noterized at my bank, and went to GS to start the form 4s and pay for the cans... we got as much done as we could, but we had to wait for the PD and my scheduals to line up for prints, Monday's and Weds 10am to noon only... finally got them done yesterday 2 sets each me and my wife... $20.. then went to RiteAid and got our 2X2 passport photos,$16 for both of us. went back to the GS.. oh snap! It takes 2 sets each per suppressor:confused: and I'm getting two: a Silencerco Hybrid for rifle from .223 to 45-70 and pistol 9mm-45acp... and a Silencerco Spector2 for .17-.22mag rimfire & FN 5.7.... back to PD and another $20. It was past thier scheduled fingerprinting hours, but she was nice enough to squeeze us in. That ink is even harder to get off after the second time in 2 hours...back to the GS. By the time we finished sorting the paperwork, dotting T's and crossing I's, it was a little late to get to the bank and back to the P.O.
So finally today, went to the bank for the 2 $200 checks... and back to the P.O.... and over a week later, they're off. Did I mention the process was a huge pain in the a$$? Is it worth $600+ beyond the price of the cans, the 8-12month or more wait, and all that running around town and paperwork for a little dB redux? tell me it's worth ito_O

What a pain in the a$$!! Started the process last week...$125 for the trust but my printer was out of ink, so I had to go to Target and spend another $50. Came back and printed off a few copies, but it was too late to get noterized... next day was a friday. I got the PW noterized at my bank, and went to GS to start the form 4s and pay for the cans... we got as much done as we could, but we had to wait for the PD and my scheduals to line up for prints, Monday's and Weds 10am to noon only... finally got them done yesterday 2 sets each me and my wife... $20.. then went to RiteAid and got our 2X2 passport photos,$16 for both of us. went back to the GS.. oh snap! It takes 2 sets each per suppressor:confused: and I'm getting two: a Silencerco Hybrid for rifle from .223 to 45-70 and pistol 9mm-45acp... and a Silencerco Spector2 for .17-.22mag rimfire & FN 5.7.... back to PD and another $20. It was past thier scheduled fingerprinting hours, but she was nice enough to squeeze us in. That ink is even harder to get off after the second time in 2 hours...back to the GS. By the time we finished sorting the paperwork, dotting T's and crossing I's, it was a little late to get to the bank and back to the P.O.
So finally today, went to the bank for the 2 $200 checks... and back to the P.O.... and over a week later, they're off. Did I mention the process was a huge pain in the a$$? Is it worth $600+ beyond the price of the cans, the 8-12month or more wait, and all that running around town and paperwork for a little dB redux? tell me it's worth ito_O
yeah, that sucks man. i didnt have to do any fingerprints or passport picture(i did a trust before they changed it). i could only imagine what a pain that would be.

oh and BTW for your silencerco hybrid end caps look for them at lanbosarmory.com

last time i bought there, they were $20-$30 cheaper than SiCo's online store

I went into a Silencershop kiosk store, MK Tactical. Did all my fingerprints on the Silencershop machine. Also filled out all my information on the kiosk. Went home, took a selfie with my iPhone. Paid via credit card online including my tax stamp at Silencershop. Sat back and drank a beer wondering why I didn't do it sooner. A lot has changed!

My experience with the SS kiosk was good as well. My only advice is to make sure to review the paperwork they prepare with a fine tooth comb before they submit to the feds. I found an error on my Form 4 that would've set me back weeks.

i waited 9 months for my f4 trust
The backlog from the 41F legislation started in late 2016 when a huge pile of trust 4's started showing up. The individual form 4's are flying through as a consequence. Anyone who filed a trust form 4 back then is going to see their stamp soon. Anyone filing individual now should see 4-6 month turnaround time. Unless the O holdovers figure out another way to stall the system.
November 2017 NFA Tracker Chart.jpg

ps. Found out our local county jail will fingerprint for free. Check yours they may do the same.

Last Edited:
The backlog from the 41F legislation started in Sept. 2016 when a huge pile of trust 4's showed up. The individual form 4's are flying through as a consequence. Anyone who filed a trust form 4 back then is going to see their stamp soon. Anyone filing individual now should see 4-6 month turnaround time. Unless the O holdovers figure out another way to stall the system.
View attachment 405900
i want to say i bought my can in june of 2016 and got to pick it up in march 2017

I went into a Silencershop kiosk store, MK Tactical. Did all my fingerprints on the Silencershop machine. Also filled out all my information on the kiosk. Went home, took a selfie with my iPhone. Paid via credit card online including my tax stamp at Silencershop. Sat back and drank a beer wondering why I didn't do it sooner. A lot has changed!
We don't have one of those locally.. besides, if there is an error in the pw and the ATF rejects it.. I'd have nobody to blame but myself... this way I can blame the boys at my local if there is any(more) problems.;)
It was a pain, but the boys at Gators were super knowledgeable, they do a lot of form 4's. counter space is at a premium though... there are 3 guys working a shop that's little bigger than a broom closet, and it is always super busy. I had my wife grab a couple pizzas while he was finishing my PW. They make less mistakes, and are a whole lot happier with a gut full of little ceasers.

As a general rule I don't call the ATF to check statuses. However, the FFL/SOT I worked with in the past closed up, so this last item had to go to a different one who, thus far, has been pretty much a study in incompetence. So, I figured I'd confirm that it wasn't approved yet, rather than the muppets at said shop just having not called me. Nope, the the fellow at the NFA branch said it was still pending and they estimated it would be handled, quote, "in a month or so". So, looking at a year-plus in "pending". :eek:

Last Edited:
As a masochist who has not learned from extended periods of mental anguish, frustration, disappointment, and yes anger, I have come back for more ATF punishment and abuse. Check cashed today on my newest Form 1 trust application.
B&T KH9.jpg

Last Edited:
As a general rule I don't call the ATF to check statuses. However, the FFL/SOT I worked with in the past closed up, so this last item had to go to a different one who, thus far, has been pretty much a study in incompetence. So, I figured I'd confirm that it wasn't approved yet, rather than the muppets at said shop just having not calling me. Nope, the the fellow at the NFA branch said it was still pending and they estimated it would be handled, quote, "in a month or so". So, looking at a year-plus in "pending". :eek:
Nice to know I'm not the only one held in such low regard by the ATF.

OK, no more waiting for me. Almost exactly 1 year from start to finish. I bought a SWD M11a1 last December. The date on the check I sent the seller was 12/7/16. It was an out of state purchase. It came from Georgia. It arrived at my dealer 5/3/27. First transfer complete.

I filled out the F4 individual paperwork on 6/6/17. BATF cashed the check 7 days later on 6/13/17. The approved date stamp is 11/20/17. I just picked it up today from my dealer. It's been there for a little longer than a week. I couldn't go pick it up right away because I was in Phoenix at the SAR gun show.

nSYrj0v.jpg

Yes, it's only the receiver, but that's the important part. The guy I bought it from sent me the 3 uppers and custom .22 LR kit when I sent him the check. I need to get them out and go to the range.

I bought an OSS Suppressor Gen 4 Helix Magnum TI. I did the application on a Silencer Shop kiosk at Safefire. It took 9 months. Ironically, it came in on my birthday. It works very well on my .300 Blackout pistol. It sounds like a subsonic 9mm but deeper. I am very pleased and will be buying the QD version.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top