JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am interested one of these for those special occasions when I can not conceal a larger gun.

Anyone had experience with these and want to to offer an opinion?

I have read a couple go good reviews but was hoping for a real world opinion.

Thanks

Andy

Anyone got one that they no longer want?

Last Edited:
Honestly, if you're looking for a gun to carry I'd look at something else. In that size gun you can get better SD caliber and a lighter gun, like maybe a Kahr or Kel-Tec 9mm.

That said, the Bersa Thunder .380 was the first handgun I purchased when I turned 21. It never once let me down and I was very accurate with it. I would not hesitate to own another one ;)

I'm with joey. Almost all the reviews I have read on them are very positive, and I believe there was a nice little article about them in Guns n ammo this year. My brother just ordered one and he is taking his class to get his concealed. I would recomend that for money purposes, but the new Ruger or KelTec would be good as well. Good luck.:s0155:

Joey

After looking around some more I have to agree, I can get a smaller package and a larger caliber. Not a huge Glock fan but the G27 is smaller than the Bersa in every dimension, of course it costs twice as much.

I well look into the other offerings before I buy.

Thanks

Andy

Last Edited:
I have handled and shot the Bersa Thunder 380 and have a KelTec PF-9. I can shoot the Bersa far more accurately than the PF-9, especially when taking multiple shots or shooting one-handed. Being able to put a third finger on the Bersa grip (also being wider) makes for more stable shooting. The PF-9 has heavy recoil and a very narrow grip, and I have to use a 2-handed death grip to hit the target.

A Hogue Handall Jr grip with some cork underneath, and some lighter loaded 9mm rounds have helped. But I'm still considering - a bigger load less well placed or a more accurately placed smaller bullet. I'm probably going to sell the PF-9 and get a Bersa.

I have no experience with the Kahr, but as it is a heavier gun my guess is that it would be a bit easier to shoot.

I carry one on occasion. In fact, I carried it today. They feel better in my hand than the Kel Tec, and I can't MAKE it miss a beat. I love it, and only paid $210 new last year. Easily concealable. Sure, a larger caliber would be ideal, but it's the smallest handgun I own and it's certainly better than nothing.

The Bersa is a "best buy" and I don't understand why folks insist on getting a used FEG or Mak 9X18 as there is not much cost difference in buying a Bersa, plus you get a lifetime warranty....However, .380 ammo is expensive and there are now 9mm options such as a used 225 (Sig) single stack which is nearly the same size and priced around $250. The Kel-Tec PF 9 is now reliable (initially, issues with the transfer bar spring popping out, but that's been remidied....Plus they (Kel-Tec) has a no BS lifetime warranty. The PF ( is not pleasant to shoot though, as it is so light weight). There is the Glock 26, but it's twice as expensive, and much more chunky....

Well looks as the 225 prices have gone up....CDNN listed them recently as $299 in excellent to VG; now they are $338 in "Like new to excellent" I am very sure about a year ago they were $250 in Ex to VG condition.....

Really I wouldn't carry a .380 as a primary weapon by choice. Don't go smaller than .38+P or 9mm if you can help it, my two "senses".

38, 9mm, .380. Two of these are service calibers and one is not. Can you pick the one which is not? ;)

I like Bersa guns. I currently own only one, an older Mod 644 .22 and as I type this a beautiful mod 83 .380 sets in front of my monitor tempting me to trade it for a Ruger 10-22 a co-worker of mine wants (he let me take it home to tempt me! - see my post in the general gun discussion) I like the 10-22 but this Bersa is really nice and I like older guns. Help!!

I'm sure I'm in the minority, a lot of people love to hate .380 as a defensive caliber, and while yes, larger calibers certainly have their advantages, a properly placed .380 hole (the same size as a 9mm hole, mind you) will sure put the hurt on somebody who means to do you harm. Placement is king, there's a plethora of quality defensive .380 loads out there (check out DoubleTap or BuffaloBore for some really hot .380 loads), that have plenty enough energy to do their job if you do yours. Truth be told, I'm a minutely better shot with either of my .380's then I am my 9mm anyway..! Would I permanently trade my G19 for my Bersa 83 or PPK .380? Heck no. But do I feel undergunned running to the store or out to visit my folks packin' 7 rounds of .380 on tap plus six more in a spare mag? Nope. Sometimes a sweet little sub-compact is just what the doctor ordered for a perfect balance of comfort, concealability, and safety. Grab your Bersa, shoot profusely and enjoy!

I don't exactly feel naked with my Ruger LCP.
Packed with Remington Golden Sabers, I feel safer with this gun than I would a my Ruger P94 stuffed with 16 rounds of UMC. Ammo selection and knowing how to hit what you're aiming at is key.

To answer your question, I passed on the Bersa in .380 because it was larger that an LCP or P-3AT. I bought the LCP because it was in the shop before they could get another P-3AT in.

Ok, I broke down and ordered one, of course they are on back order so I am not sure when it arrive, But I opted for the CC version in nickel. All the good press from the post and a good price sealed the deal.

Thanks all

THUNDER-380-SATIN-SS-EX.jpg