JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Bersa Thunder 9 Pro 9mm. I've shot over 500 rds and I've never had a jam, miss fire, or any other problems. But yesterday I had a spent casing stay in the barrel so that my slide locked open as if I were out of rds. What would make that happen all of a sudden? I'm still pretty new in the hand gun department but I feel I know enuff. The weapon has been cleaned and oiled regularly after I shoot. The last time I shot was in june. I have also been using the same ammo also for about the last 200 rds. Thank you for your feedback.

How easy was the spent casing to remove? If it was stuck it could have been an over pressure round and bulged the case.
If it was easy to remove than look at the extractor for wear/damage.

I had a serious fail to extract issue with my Bersa Thunder9 UC. Cases would not extract and I would have to pry them out with a pocket knife. My slide wouldnt lock back like you mentioned. The problem i was told was an out of spec chamber.

I would suggest if this problem persists to send it to Reynersons. Its one of the service centers listed for work on the bersa website. I would not send it to Colorado Gun Works. Reynersons did great work and even went beyond to make sure it was functional. CGW just fired a few rounds not finding an issue and tossed it in a box and sent it right back. In the end Reynersons replaced my barrel and extractor, and even polished the feed ramp, and the best part is they actually called me to talk about the work they did.

Good luck.

The rounds were easy to extract. I just took the mag out and then tipped the gun up and it fell out. If I'm not the origanal owner can I still send it to that Rynersons? Or is that place just a Bersa fixin place? Thank you for your replys.