Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Berry's .40 HBFP-TP

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by UserNameInUse, May 15, 2016.

1. UserNameInUse

UserNameInUse SW WA Active Member

I've been loading 9mm with Berry's 124g Hollow Base Flat Point, Thick Plate (HBFP-TP) bullets. I am pretty happy with these and would like to try something similar for .40 S&W.

I can't find anyone, local or online, that stocks Berry's .401 165 gr HPFP-TP bullets in 250 count boxes. I've only been looking for a few weeks. I'm not sure I want to work on this if the bullets are going to be hard to get.

Any sense why nobody has them? I haven't been paying that much attention to what folks like for .40 S&W range loads. Is it because people aren't interested in them, or because too many people are?

2. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

xtreme makes .40 cal bullets with a concave base non thick plate. never used them but i have used 1000s of regular 180gr RNFP bullets from them with great success.

3. Tilos

Tilos Idaho Active Member

4. Benchrest

Benchrest The Desert Planet Well-Known Member

Cabelas?

5. UserNameInUse

Oh well. Now I'm thinking I'll stick with the standard flat points.

6. ageingstudent

ageingstudent NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

How fast are you pushing them? Standard plating is good up to 1250 ish. That's cooking pretty good for a .40. I've used standard plating in mine a lot with no issues up to 1200 fps.

7. UserNameInUse

They will surely be less than 1100 fps.

I doubt the hollow base does that much but they don't cost much more so I was thinking why not. I think the normal plate flat points should be fine.

Thanks.

ageingstudent likes this.
  8. ageingstudent

ageingstudent NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Yes they work fine for sure. I use Berry's, Xtreme, HSM, and Rainier. Nary a difference between them as far as I can tell. Xtreme looks the best and has been cheaper lately. Been shooting lots of those.

9. JustShoot

JustShoot Oregon . Hillsborito area Active Member

-
    Berry's .. ( flat point ) 124 thick-plate (.356 ) .
    Those are my favorite and #one 1st choice in my 9mm reloading . you cant go wrong with them, they run accurate and great out of the Beretta to the Glock .