JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been loading 9mm with Berry's 124g Hollow Base Flat Point, Thick Plate (HBFP-TP) bullets. I am pretty happy with these and would like to try something similar for .40 S&W.

I can't find anyone, local or online, that stocks Berry's .401 165 gr HPFP-TP bullets in 250 count boxes. I've only been looking for a few weeks. I'm not sure I want to work on this if the bullets are going to be hard to get.

Any sense why nobody has them? I haven't been paying that much attention to what folks like for .40 S&W range loads. Is it because people aren't interested in them, or because too many people are?

xtreme makes .40 cal bullets with a concave base non thick plate. never used them but i have used 1000s of regular 180gr RNFP bullets from them with great success.

They will surely be less than 1100 fps.

I doubt the hollow base does that much but they don't cost much more so I was thinking why not. I think the normal plate flat points should be fine.

Thanks.

They will surely be less than 1100 fps.

I doubt the hollow base does that much but they don't cost much more so I was thinking why not. I think the normal plate flat points should be fine.

Thanks.
Yes they work fine for sure. I use Berry's, Xtreme, HSM, and Rainier. Nary a difference between them as far as I can tell. Xtreme looks the best and has been cheaper lately. Been shooting lots of those.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top