JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dirt mixed in with pea gravel is one thing, but a 1" minus rock can deflect a .22LR or a .223 with no problem. Use mineral soil berms with only small gravel in it.

You're legally and financially responsible for every round you fire, from property damage and medical expenses of persons, to fire suppression costs of a sparking ricochet or tracer round. You can be criminally responsible, as well.

Well worth the time and effort to find a suitable spot to shoot.

:(
doesnt a gong deflect the bullet to the ground in front of it? Much easier to control, both fire or richoche hazard.
i got hit under the eye with a lead 9mm ricochet shooting at an ar500 piece of steel once. hurt like hell. kept shooting for the rest of he day at a further distance.

Lol, I got all off on a tangent about the gong ricochets, but my main, intended, post, was that I haven't shot in the woods in years! The dangers and complications have sent me to ranges exclusively! That kind of sounds sad, but not for me. I've had 55-60yrs of boonie's shooting. It's the younger guys and gals I feel bad for. I'd hate to have to hunt for places to shoot/hunt these days!
I'm just old enough to know that back in the day if you wanted to go in the woods and shoot you could find a place to yourself. Nowadays we have land use issues and private logging land closures and population increase and lazy trash shooter people want to pull up next to you and blow things up, no thank you. New shooters really need to go to the range and learn some etiquette before they shoot in the woods with strangers, I find that most new shooters just want to dispense ammo anyways and never really learn what their gun is capable of.

its not all that bad, the other weekend I had the whole day by myself setting initial 100yd zero on my elk rifle by just exploring a little farther. The ranges are nice, but I also like doing my own thing at my own pace.
Selection_001.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top