JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought my 14 year old son a new Beretta U22 Neos .22 pistol this weekend for plinking. He really liked the spacegun looks, I'm not really a fan...lol. Does anyone else have one? I have read some very good reviews online about the pistol. I did like the very reasonable price, heavy 6" barrel, adjustable sights and rail system. I can finally have my 1911 that has been fitted with a Marvel Match Model 1 conversion kit back.
BerettaNeos.jpg
BerettaU22.jpg

They're great plinking guns. I got one for my wife and she loves the ergonomics of the gun and it's surprisingly well balanced (6"). Super light and crisp trigger but mine only liked federal bulk for some reason. The only issue i can remember was the trigger would not reset during rapid shooting but that was really random and I could never replicate it. Also, when they're brand new they slide can be tough to pull back but it smooths out over time.

I also bought one for the Supreme Commander. Addd a red dot sight (just for kicks), she really likes shooting it. Fits her hand and easy to handle. Seems to be quite accurate and haven't had any problems with what we have fed it.

I just picked up a used 4.5 inch and took it to the range. Never cleaned it and it ate 250 rounds of the random stuff i brought. One FTF and that was it. Rapid was fun and the ten went downrange as fast as i wanted. Supported, it shot true and made a pretty tight group. Much better than my 22/45 that is super picky with ammo.
Overall, not bad and the 6 inch should be even more accurate.

I had a 6" model. It's a good entry level pistol in .22 LR for plinking. The location of the safety could be better ergonomically speaking. Be careful on the takedown. If you disassemble it, the barrel and rail come off together. If memory serves, there are two sharp points on the underside of the rail at the rear. When the pistol first came out there were some people who cut/stabbed themselves with those.

One of the Bullseye guys I shoot with has one, but with the non adjustable trigger, can't wait to get rid of it. Good for plinking, I suppose, but not for reasonable groups at a 3 inch target

I have one with the discontinued 7.5 inch barrel, topped it with an Ultradot. Trigger was kinda gritty at the beginning but has smoothed out since then.

Only problem I've had with it with a high grip sometimes I get some hot residue on the web of my off hand shooting Federal bulk.

Make sure to clean under the trigger bar every 1k, and tighten and loctite the screw that holds the sear and firing pin housing afterwards. Sending the woman's Neos in for the recall and new firing pin made a mess of her trigger feel, which I reworked to correct partially but not really to either of our satisfaction. The roll pin for the rear sight front pivot has migrated repeatedly, and the adjustment screw needs clear fingernail polish to hold it's set. Other than that, the mag release and mag springs are easy to manipulate, and you can find generic mags at CDNN for cheap. Her Neos has seen thousands and thousands of rounds in the last two years, and it's still going, with regular, non-standard maintenance from me.

It's good to see the reviews from you guys! I almost bought one a couple weeks ago because it felt like it would fit my wife really well. However, she wasn't with me and I ended up buying a Ruger Mark III because she has shot one and loved it.