JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This spring I'm going to be picking up a daily carry weapon. Have tried a number of different pistols, and for what ever reason the PX4 sub-compact fits my little kinder-hands well, and seems to naturally target and track very well for me. That said, I have some concerns, and am looking for some input. (No, I haven't shot one of these yet...but depending I plan to take a rental for a spin)

1) The ambidextrous safety on the slide sticks out quite a bit and seems like it would bite into your side or spine depending on the holster. Does it?

2) It seems like with an FTE/FTF the protruding safeties could tear up your hand if you were trying to quickly clear it. Does it?

3) I notice that a lot of people had them on this site and sold them. Is there a particular reason why?

4) (Bonus question) How does the sub-compact absorb the recoil of a hot .40
round?

Thanks!

I have a Full Size Px4 Storm so I can only answer about the "bat ear" safeties. Yes they stick out too much for inside waistband carry. I have never had an FTE/FTF or any other stoppage in nearly 1000 rounds. If you can find one, Beretta makes a "C" model constant trigger without a safety.

I had my hands on the 40 sub compact, and ended up buying the 9mm. Perhaps I should have went with the 40 because the 9mm I bought is at Beretta as we speak and they are going to accuracy test it because it shot so far low and left. I wish they'd hurry up, it's been there a month and they have not even touched it yet.
The gun is damn nice in the hand....that's why I bought it. I don't find the ambi controls to be ideal for a carry gun, but I don't think they will cause any problems really.
I see quite a few of these guns used in gun cases at various shops, but every one I have seen is a used 9mm not a 40. Every time I see one used I wonder if it's got the same accuracy issue mine does....??
But anyway, I bought the gun because it felt good, it's small and I like small pistols, it's polymer and I highly prefer polymer guns, and I was counting on what I thought I knew about Beretta quality control. This one shot reliably it just doesn't shoot straight. Once they fix it, or do whatever they will do to it, I doubt I'll keep it....it's already put a bad taste in my mouth.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top