JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All, I have a chance to buy a PX4 Storm full size 9mm. I have a 92 and a P89, both single/double action, Decocker/Safety, So I am familiar with this style of gun. I need feed back on the Storm, Looking for something lighter, still full size Thanks

Hello All, I have a chance to buy a PX4 Storm full size 9mm. I have a 92 and a P89, both single/double action, Decocker/Safety, So I am familiar with this style of gun. I need feed back on the Storm, Looking for something lighter, still full size Thanks
You'll love it. I have the same 92fs and P89 DC and the PX4 fit into the rotation perfectly. Smooth as the 92 and eats anything like the P89. I was always skeptical of poly pistols but the better half wanted to try it and 5000 rounds later... The full size is nice, the compact is decent as well; no opinion on the sub-compact. Hard to go wrong with the PX4 series, and there's a good aftermarket if it doesn't work out.

Thank you all, I have always been a metal gun guy. I do like the fit and finish, as well as the ergonomics of the Storm. I am going to shoot it Saturday before I buy it, not very often you get that opportunity. If I buy the storm, I am contemplating on a TRL -1 or maybe the Viridian C5l Light/Laser combo. Any thoughts or preferences on these option. Thanks in advance.

gunchart-lg.jpg

Wait for the new PX4 Compact Carry

Well, it depends if he wants a full size gun or not, and is willing to go with a shorter 3.2 inch barrel length and a couple less rounds of capacity. The compact Carry is still quite a big gun, and only a couple of ounces lighter. Plus, it costs $200 more than the standard full size.

I improved the sights on my full size PX4 by having Beretta's adjustable sight package installed, as well as installing the same flush low profile decockers that the new compact carry has. Both items can be ordered from the Beretta USA online store.

I own the most handsome PX4 Beretta in the world, since I also had it refinished by Robar Guns in their NP3 Plus finish. Here are some pics of it, with a +3 Beretta extended magazine installed.

PX42.jpg .

Here is a better view of the Beretta fully adjustable sights, and the flush low profile decocking levers:

px4_3181b.jpg

Last Edited:
My wife used the M9 while in the military. We went looking for a full size handgun for her and she fell in love with the PX4, so we brought one home. We've had it 3-4 years now and it's a fantastic pistol. Very comfortable to shoot, eats all kinds of ammo and is really great for new shooters. The recoil impulse is different, either more mild or drawn out. I had been handling the PX4 in 45 the same day, but ended up with an FNX in .40 S&W. The FNX is a great gun, just wish I would have got it in a different caliber.

@Lance Jacobs, is that Robar coating on the stainless slide or the standard? Very nice, I was just about to order a stainless slide from Beretta, then saw yours, very nice. Will have to add those flat decockers too. Glad I clicked this thread.

@Lance Jacobs, is that Robar coating on the stainless slide or the standard? Very nice, I was just about to order a stainless slide from Beretta, then saw yours, very nice. Will have to add those flat decockers too. Glad I clicked this thread.

I just bought the standard blued model, and had Robar refinish it, and then bought the flush decockers and adjustable sights from the BerettaUSA website.