JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gun store here in Dallas finally got a Beretta Pico in last week and I pounced on it. They were scheduled to be released last year but needed some extra tinkering I guess. Going to try to get out tomorrow and test it out.
They are double action hammer fired with restrike capability. Less than 3/4 " in width, 6 shot.
380 cal....forgot to add that.

100_2630.JPG

100_2632.JPG

100_2634.JPG

Last Edited:
I have to admit it was a real toss up as to which one I was going to buy. The P238 is a fine looking quality gun, really have some nice variations on it. Been waiting on the Pico for a long time it is a lot lighter and pretty safe to carry for a pocket gun. Plan on finding out today as to how it operates...if it warms up a bit.

Took the Pico and four others out for a shoot this morning at Four Corners...Dang it was cold.
Pico shot well, had one stove-pipe in the first clip. After that I fired both clips 24 rounds each with no problems. Might mention I did no cleaning or lube prior to shooting...right out of the box. Took a couple of clips to get used to the take-up on the double action, trigger pull was surprisingly light and recoil also was quite light even with Hornady Critical Defense loads.
With hands resting on sand bags (and cold) I was able to put four out of six into a two inch group at 15 yards, the other two I pulled. Slide was a bit stiff to pull back but the cold fingers were part of the problem and being new of course.
I'll give it a good cleaning and lube and when it warms up a bit give er another run.
I believe it is a keeper.

You can have the KelTec, several spare mags with extensions, a Crimson Trace laser and several boxes of ammo for less than the Beretta. Granted, it looks like the Pico comes with some sort of extension on the factory mags, and should be a little higher quality. I'm anxious to learn how it shoots - grip comfort, trigger pull, perceived recoil, grouping at, say 5 yards, ;) etc.

Also has the ability to convert to .32 ACP simply with a drop in barrel. I'm not hot on that round, but I will admit that I really love shooting my wife's little .32 ACP Beretta Tomcat with the tilt up barrel that allows loading and unloading the last round without racking the slide and adding another round to the magazine. Amazingly accurate even out to 50 feet and a nicely weighted all metal micro pistol. Hopefully the Pico carries on that tradition. Beretta also makes things right. The initial .32 ACP Tomcats suffered a high number of stress cracks in the frame area with the least metal due to the light slide speed making it impact the frame too hard (It's a blowback design). So Beretta redesigned the slide making it slightly wider and heavier to slow it down and keep the frame from cracking. As I recall, they replaced the light slides with the heavier slides for free. My wife got one of the newer ones and it's been perfect except for not liking a couple of types of ammo. Hope it works out for you.

Seems like a well made and designed little gun so far, I commented on shooting it earlier on this thread. Took it out again and was able to keep them within three inch groups at 15 yds. I consider that pretty good, still getting used to the trigger take-up. If there is a drawback to this little guy it would be pulling back the slide. Actually not a problem after first loading as it stays open. Maybe the years are taking a bit of a toll on my grip.
Seems all Beretta's have a very high speed slide, guess that is one reason they are so dependable. I even had a Beretta 22 short that never had a feed problem...that one kind of surprised me.
Anyway I pretty much like the Berettas...got a few and never had a problem with them. I intend to get a 32 set-up just for the heck of it. They also make quite a few interesting frame colors.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top