Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Beretta Neos recall experience

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by BillM, Feb 18, 2011.

1. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just got the wife's Neos back from Beretta. It was one in the recall. Took about
    6 weeks, UPS picked it up and dropped it off at my house. No problems.

In addition to the internal parts, they replaced the slide--so now I have to drill and
    tap it again for the side racker. They replaced the right side ambi safety that I had
    removed because it rubbed the top of the finger joint. Where it had a decent 3 lb or
    so trigger job on it, now it feels like maybe 8 lbs and creepy.

Not complaining, It's about what I expected. Now I have to tear the darned thing
    down again and get it shootable! Probably need to do that before the next speed steel match at Tri-C on 3-6.

2. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

I couldn't say really as to before and after feel. But after it felt great, not like what your decribing. I entered the serial numbers on Beretta website even though I was sure it hadn't been done, but it was already serviced go figure.

You do speed steel at TCGC huh, to bad all I have now is my bobcat.22. My ruger 10/22 is not ready, still gotta fit and test my Tactical innovation mags. My M4gery would be to hey look at me and the. 22 conversions isn't as reliable as I would like. Jason keeps telling me to DO IT!

I need to go watch and see What its like so I'm more familiar. Hard to get up early on Sundays lol. I'm Not ready for top shot but I think it would be fun. Although how can you use a rifle at the action range? I need to get a MKIII I think.

After thought...my Beretta 92, how many rounds do u need on a speed steel shoot? Or rather how many plates and stages at what range?

3. BillM

22 pistols and rifles, and pistol caliber carbines shoot from the low ready. Centerfire shoots from the holster, but Nick will
    probably let a newbie go from low ready. 6 stages, 5 plates average, 5 strings. I usually bring around 200 rds.

4. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

I wouldn't take a hadi cap lol. You going tomorrow morning? I'm thinking they were on Sundays 9am. Thanks for the great info.

5. BillM

3rd Sunday at Tri-C is the USPSA match. Go watch it if you want---but fair warning, it's habit forming. I'll miss this one, too much work piled up in the shop. Will make the one next weekend--Dundee. I had better--I'm the match director.
    Speed Steel is on the first Sunday of the month. Need to get the trigger smoothed out on the wifes Neos by then.(There--sorta back on topic!)