JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
See one and thought about buying one but the Shield came out and I snapped one of those up instead. They are about the same price but I like the smoothness of the nano not having anything on the sides to catch stuff.
One thing I will say about the Nano that I did not like when I handled one is the tigger reset. It would hang up just before the reset if you let it back slowly.

I have a Nano. Its a very smooth shooter. For a pocket gun is very accurate. Only problem is with the cheap 115 grain ammo you will get a falier to eject every 50 or 100rds. All the nickel self defence ammo has fired flawless, whever i carry will go bang. At the range who cares on an ocasional fte. Heck thats a good trainning boost. The reset is longer than say m&p or glock but mine is smooth. Pull is heavy when you say 8lbs. But when you squeeze it, it seems more like a 6. Very crisp clean break. Ill post a picture of mine in a quick second,also it looks top heavy but doesnt shoot like it.

IMAG0434-1.jpg

What carry ammo does your Nano like? I tend towards the 115 grain hollowpoints like the Cor Bon loads but if it likes the 124 grain Gold Dot I could do that

I have over 3200 rounds through my Beretta Nano. At first I was shooting whatever cheap plinking ammo I had. I experienced some FTE. After I started using better quality ammo like American Eagle 124 grain and Federal Classic Hi-Shok the Nano smoothed out and the last 700 plus rounds have been without incident. It has a quality feel and the fit and finish is excellent. As was already mentioned the pistol appears top heavy at first but it doesn't shoot that way. It is a very comfortable gun to shoot. I have shot the Nano continuously for 600 rounds several times with no discomfort. It is quite accurate. I don't like the trigger but it is not near as bad as the Ruger LC9 trigger. Excellent price, excellent quality, and very reliable. Love it. I also ordered the S&W Shield so will be able to compare the two shortly.

Impressive round count for a sub compact.. I am looking at these for our back up guns after deciding against the Ruger LCPs.. I really did not want .380s and they are having some parts breakage issues

I would not use less than the American Eagle or my handloads for practice, and only the best for carry

I don't own any .380's. If you select the Nano I'm sure you will be pleased with it. My new S&W Shield came in today and I got to handle it some. Very nice short trigger. We have a 48 hr waiting period in Wisconsin so I will pick up my new S&W Shield on Sunday. I'll be testing it out and reviewing it shortly. I just purchased reloading equipment and will start reloading once the bench is set up.

Ive ran speer 115HP,124HP+p, corbon hp,win ranger sxt HP 124 or 147 cant remember, and hornady critical defence 115 grain. The 124 speer had quite a kick and poi was high. I run hornady in all my nano mags that are carried. Its cheaper (25@18$)and poi was the best.

Looked on Beretta's website but can't find any info on the trigger pull weight. Anybody have an idea what it is on the Nano?

I have read 8 lbs but that it does not feel that heavy. I think as with most things it's best to dry fire one a few times for yourself and see how you perceive the pull

Ive ran speer 115HP,124HP+p, corbon hp,win ranger sxt HP 124 or 147 cant remember, and hornady critical defence 115 grain. The 124 speer had quite a kick and poi was high. I run hornady in all my nano mags that are carried. Its cheaper (25@18$)and poi was the best.

Sounds like the sights might be regulated for 115 grain ammo which is perfect for a subcompact

I just tested the trigger on my trigger scale. Its a consistant 7.5. I shoot a 92A1 and a 92INOX SGS for my full size pistols. They break at 4.9, in S/A with work done. And i still feel the nano has a great trigger. For a carry gun i like a harder pull anyway. But she breaks smooth.

I just put a few more than a hundred rounds of 115gn. Fiocci FMJ through mine. No malfunctions in the admittedly brief session.

The trigger works like a Kahr. It uses a rotating cam which unblocks the firing pin with one lobe and draws back the striker with the other until it trips. So it feels like a very heavy and (initially at least) gritty Kahr with the added bonus of an annoying trigger blade. Dry firing a few hundred times smooths the trigger out quite a bit and I really like it now, but I would love to find a solid aluminum trigger to replace the stupid plastic safety trigger.

As Rich mentioned, the trigger does not reset with any authority at all. It has gotten much better from when it was new and I don't worry at all about it hanging anymore, but it is still pretty weak.

The Nano is very easy to shoot well. It's comfy and the trigger is nice and smooth. I can't speak to it's accuracy because I'm no sharpshooter, but I shot it as well I ever shoot.

I went shopping for a Shield which was out of stock so I wound up getting the Nano and a used Kahr K40 (also a P220 SAO which is quite nice as well). I have rented the Shield at TPS and I really like it, but the Nano feels much more solid and just plain slicker than the Shield. On the other hand the Shield feels much bigger than it really is and it has a very crisp break which is nice too.

I know this is an old thread, but I also know that bad experiences are more likely to be reported than good ones, so add me to the currently/tentatively satisfied list of Nano owners. I will report any FTEs when I see them.

Keep the data coming.. these sound like solid pistols with decent ergos for a pocket pistol, and they are now on my short list for our backup guns

I am sure a good smith can cure some of the minor irritating aspects of these guns..

Second range day. S&B 115gr. 2 FTE in 150 rds.

So, for Blitzkrieg's tally sheet please add:
0/100 Fiocchi 115gr.
(clean gun)
2/150 S&B 115gr. (failures came at ~95 and ~140)
(clean gun)
0/100 Magtech 115gr. (trigger did not return on one shot, lightly tap helped brought it back.)
(clean gun)
1/40 Magtech 115gr.
1/150 American Eagle 147 gr jacket flat point.

I'd like to hear from SVT-ROY roughly how many nickle plated cases he's run without failure. I just shoot what they give me at The Place To Shoot, so I don't know how it will perform with heavy bullets. I'll have TPTS order some heavier rounds for me, but that will be a while. Or I might get out to the woods tomorrow and run my old boxes of 124gn FMJ, a couple boxes of Hornady whatevers, a couple boxes of Ranger SXT and another box of T-Series through it, and if I get 0 failures in 300 rounds, I might live with a gun that can't shoot light bullets.

Since I would rather make demands on my guns than have them make demands on me, I might just trade it in anyway.

Last Edited: