JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The A3 has some nice improvements over the FS. The thinner grip frame, the threaded barrel and rail are a nice touch. #1 for me is it can be a G or FS style decocker.

I was about to order a Wilson Combat but now I may go with the M9A3, it is a nice package.

I have one - I have had it since Dec now. Love the gun. It is actually my favorite Beretta 92 - I like it even more than the Wilson Brigadier Tactical. Yes, I know... Hard to believe, but I do...

ab5862f3d04bf3aa6b947e1f67fbe0b0.jpg

Someone on another forum recently asked me why I liked the M9A3 over the Wilson Brig Tactical. It took a small book to write it all out - but I thought I would post it here too - in case someone was on the fence as to which to get:

1. As I stated earlier previously - I like the sight picture of a standard type 92 slide the most, which the M9A3 also has. The squareness of the front sight area on the Brigadier slides makes the front sight not as quick to pick up. The base where the front sight sits at is squared off on the Brig slide. Also, the front sight seems to be a little bit shorter on the Brig slide.

It is much easier to see the front sight on a standard 92FS slide, with the curved area under the front sight... (this is 1 thing I like about a 1911 - the top of the slide is curved, and it makes it so quick to pick up the front sight). On this M9A3, the Vertec style slide (dovetailed front sight) still has the curve of a regular 92FS. I like this much more.

2. Also, the front sight(facing the shooter) on the M9A3 has about a 45 degree cut to it. The Wilson front sight has a 90 degree cut. The white circle around the tritium on the M9A3 pops out more - because of the 45 degree angle facing the shooter. It picks up more light.

3. I REALLY like the different angle of the safety levers on the m9A3. By raising it, it does cause less issues when tying to clear a jam (if need be). I've messed around with this, and the levers do what is intended by that slight change

4. The grip of the M9A3 feels better to me. Generally, I prefer standard serrations over the checkering Beretta uses. But, with the rear strap being covered by that Hogue grip on the M9A3 - I don't mind the front strap checkering.

When I hold both guns (either with a loaded mag in each or no mag in each), I prefer the feel of the M9A3 in my hand more than I do the Wilson. And, I have just put Hogue grip panels on the Wilson this evening - to make the feel of the two more comparable. But, the M9A3 feels much better to me in the hand.

5. The rear sightof the M9A3 is just perfect. I didn't think I'd like the lack of white circles on the rear tritium. But the silver rings work great. The eyes still gets drawn to the white around the front dot - but you still have 2 rear dots.

I'd never use the Wilson as a home defense gun - as you have absolutely no way to see the rear sight in low/no light.

I like straight 8 style sights the most. I have them on my Dan Wesson 1911, and I had similar style sights on a Glock17 I just sold. So, I appreciate that a black rear sight brings your eye to the front sight dot easier. But, I just don't care for that rear Wilson sight that much. I really wish it had a small single dot in the middle, like straight 8 sights have.

Also, I wish the rear Wilson sight had a square cut instead of a curved cut (in the sight channel). I plan to send my Wilson slide off to Trijicon next month and get a standard rear sight put on (for a Brig slide). I have given the rear sight a chance after several months - I just don't like it.

6. I shoot the M9A3 a little better than I do the Wilson - especially at 15 yards. I think this may because of that rear sight- with the curve in the sight picture. Once I get the new rear sight, we'll see how it shoots then.

Now, do I like the Wilson - yes. But if I was offered a choice of just 1 of them... Between the 2.... I'd choose the M9A3, hands down... No real hard decision for me...

Now, if only they make one in black eventually :)

I will admit that the Wilson does look sweet with those green Wilson grips and the Brig slide... But still....

ab5862f3d04bf3aa6b947e1f67fbe0b0.jpg

Last Edited:
necropost.jpg

I know I know I am doing the necro here but I am interested in getting one of these but they seems super rare at the moment. they are all going for more then MSR if.. you can find one. there are a few on GB but I really don't want to pay $1,200+ for one.

My Beretta 92FS is the one gun I regret selling.
I wish the mags weren't so expensive.

I was falling in love with the WC brigadier 92. I have a family og glocks for the universal convienence.

But I may start this year making a new family of Beretta pistols.
I want another 92FS or similiar, a WC brigadier, and a 92 compact w/o the rail to carry.

Dang, I need more money.

@mrblond I just got one new at Keith's for $899... Shoots well. Spent Sunday taking down 4" steel plates from 40 yards with my silencer on it. @Shipwreck Very nice post, and group. Say hi to Kelly Hu for me.

The A3 has some nice improvements over the FS. The thinner grip frame, the threaded barrel and rail are a nice touch. #1 for me is it can be a G or FS style decocker.

I was about to order a Wilson Combat but now I may go with the M9A3, it is a nice package.

I know someone with a WC 92 for sale... @MTpockets @IheartSig

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top