JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to get a Beretta. deciding between the US-made commercial M9, or a 92FS made in Italy.
It was almost an easy win for the 92fs, since I have been told the build quality is a lot better especially the italian made ones.
however what about the sights? The 92fs has the typical 3-dot, while the m9 has the "2 dot" post and mark. whatever you call it.
Which one do you prefer and why? any suggestion?

geez man. i remember when the 92s were where it was at.

my experience: they eat everything and are super reliable. accurate. and last forever.

they are also big and fat and
heavy.

the decock only vertecs were the best of them for moi.

cant go wrong. everybody should have one at least once.

:)

I want to get a Beretta. deciding between the US-made commercial M9, or a 92FS made in Italy.
It was almost an easy win for the 92fs, since I have been told the build quality is a lot better especially the italian made ones.
however what about the sights? The 92fs has the typical 3-dot, while the m9 has the "2 dot" post and mark. whatever you call it.
If you would like to really treat yourself, get one that Wilson Combat or Langdon tactical, has worked their magic on.
They are spectacular, and the price of admission is reasonable.
👍👍
Best,
Gary

Wife bought me a new Inox years ago for Christmas- completely surprised me as she went behind my back and had some of my good friends help her talk to the right people (not a straw purchase).

I love the gun - BUT - I am not impressed with a plastic guide rod, trigger and trigger pin (that for some reason likes to start working itself out…).

Honestly, those few things are not hard to replace with quality parts it's just disappointing to have a bucket list gun that needs some time and money.

I've actually thought about buying an older blued (someday) one so I wont feel guilty giving it holster wear as I like full size guns and my 92 shoots very very well for a stock barrel etc.

Until then it's my G17 :p

Wife bought me a new Inox years ago for Christmas- completely surprised me as she went behind my back and had some of my good friends help her talk to the right people (not a straw purchase).

I love the gun - BUT - I am not impressed with a plastic guide rod, trigger and trigger pin (that for some reason likes to start working itself out…).

Honestly, those few things are not hard to replace with quality parts it's just disappointing to have a bucket list gun that needs some time and money.

I've actually thought about buying an older blued (someday) one so I wont feel guilty giving it holster wear as I like full size guns and my 92 shoots very very well for a stock barrel etc.

Until then it's my G17 :p
Trust me, it is worthwhile to tune it up with Langdon, or Wilson aftermarket mods.
👍👍

Sorry, but it's just so much BS that the "build quality" is "a lot better" in the Italian made ones. I've been through two Italian 92FS pistols, an Accokeek 92FS (Inox) and two Accokeek commercial M9s. That's not counting my 1934s, one 1935, 3032s, 1951s, 70, 84s, 85s, 86s,

The Accokeek Berettas were fine, and word is that after a few initial blips, the Gallatin models are good to go as well. Pretty much any version of the 92FS/M9 produced in the past 30 years is gonna be a worthy pistol.

To answer the question, I prefer the M9 versions myself. And I love the A3s, A4s and all the Langdon models as well. And I was issued the M9 from around 1993 through 2006, one guy who actually liked the platform.

Just another Beretta whore.

M-9.jpg

If you know…..

You know.

They are accurate guns though. Had one my entire enlistment. I saw it as the equivalent to a paper weight but it got the job done.

987DACC3-758D-4A7C-A8E7-C61BC949AE25.jpeg

I ended up getting an Italian 92FS, though I do prefer the G models. I'm not a fan of the plastic parts they put in the production guns, so I replaced them with the proper metal parts that should have stayed to begin with. Only reason I chose the Italian one was I'm a bit of a euro snob with some of my guns as I'm half Italian lol I know, quite an idiotic way of thinking lol.

Langdon Tactical.
^^This

the decock only vertecs were the best of them for moi.
^^^and this

If you know…..

You know.

They are accurate guns though. Had one my entire enlistment. I saw it as the equivalent to a paper weight but it got the job done.

View attachment 1280806
Early models and hot NATO ammo were not a good combination, I wouldn't think twice about a modern one with the current quality self defense ammo available today, especially with a little Langdon love.

soo only one person actually answered the question. thank you @Old Dog
im mostly trying to decide which sights are better. i have heard that the two-dots are quicker, but less accurate than the 3-dot.

Swap out all the plastic parts for metal, directly from Beretta. Install rear G spring for a better trigger (can be problematic ) and a G conversion kit (decock only) and you're good to go. You might want to replace the internal trigger return spring, those tend to go bad quite often.

Wilson combat makes a god one:

9C62A51A-7DC6-46E4-BED8-CB6ED31FD749.jpeg

Swap out all the plastic parts for metal, directly from Beretta. Install rear G spring for a better trigger (can be problematic ) and a G conversion kit (decock only) and you're good to go. You might want to replace the internal trigger return spring, those tend to go bad quite often.

Wilson combat makes a god one:

View attachment 1280884
If you don't want to send it to Langdon Tactical, they have a trigger job in a bag that, according to them, will get you 80% of the smithed job. I'm a 110% kind of a guy, so I just shipped it to them.

^^True. The M9 has a central stripe and the 92 has two dots. The sight itself is otherwise identical. You can black out the stripe and fill in the two dots with white paint, if you like the look of one vs. the other.

I believe the grip on the 92 is contoured a little bit different for smaller hands, but I could be wrong.

I bought an M9 before Covid when they were cheap. For me it is a collector's piece. My cousin carried one in Panama and he has one for sentimental reasons. They are attractive pistols but they are starting to showing their age now. I know plenty of people who collect them, but very few who rely on them for self-defense. If you want a racing gun the polymer wonders are 100% reliable for 2/3 the price of the new Berettas.

soo only one person actually answered the question. thank you @Old Dog
im mostly trying to decide which sights are better. i have heard that the two-dots are quicker, but less accurate than the 3-dot.
My vote is for the 92fs. Very subtle differences but I think the 3 dot sights on the 92 are much better.

Other than that you'll be hard-pressed to notice a difference other than aesthetics and place of manufacturer; both of which were actually factors for me when I chose the 92fs.

I would go against the grain here and suggest just getting a "plain" model first. My 92fs is bone-stock and I shoot it extremely well. Very accurate, 100% reliable, smooth as butter, and the trigger has broken in to be plenty serviceable for what is really supposed to be a combat handgun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top