JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's been a lot of talk of Beretta's here lately and, to be honest, it's making me want to get one. Years ago the instructor at my CHL class had one which I got to spend some time with and I've been a fan ever since. It seems the Beretta M9's are more coveted than the Beretta 92FS, why is that? What're the differences?

Besides the M9 being built in America and not having the "Read Owners Manual" marking, there's not much difference. Flatter cuts on the dust cover/backstrap and different sights. I had a 92FS and sure do regret letting that one go. I don't think you could go wrong either way!:cool:

Gotta admit, the M9A3 is dead sexy, straight grip instead of that curved thing more 1911 style. Also it's in FDE and comes in an ammo-can. I might consider picking one up at some point.

There are some cool benefits to the M9A3, but the Beretta M9 is nice too.

Personally I love the original 92FS. It was my first pistol, and the only gun I regret selling.
You can't deny the cool factor and love the specs on the M9A3, but I'm not a 1911 guy and I think the grip looks stupid. I love the old 92 grips.

But I'm really digging the 92 Wilson Combat Brigadier. Just not the price.

Either way you go Joe the Beretta won't disappoint you. The prices of mags is a little steep, but no different the most handguns.

You should buy one, and if you ever sell it I'll buy it from you ; )

My first experience was a Beretta 92F. At that time I used to carry a full size 1911 so the weight of the 92F wasn't that big of a deal at first. After a while I got tired of the weight and it was just too much gun for the caliber.

Last year I bought a 92FS Compact L M9A1. It's the compact version and I think it's the perfect size for that style pistol. Recently I got my M9 back from Wilson Combat and I had them do the G conversion.
So now I don't have to worry about accidentally popping the safety on while I carry it. Having a light rail is nice and in front of the trigger guard, it's a straight cut not that half circle thingy lol.

I believe there might be a bit of a difference in the back strap part of the grip, the dust cover on the M9s was more straight then there is the railed version... I really don't know all the little things so I should probably not talk like I know what I am saying lol.....

IMO it's a must when it comes to the G conversion on this "platform" because once SHTF (assuming it's your home defense or EDC etc.) bet on having that safety on when you really don't want it on/activated.... if it can go wrong, IT WILL! unless it's just a range gun for you. You should totally get one! I left everything alone accept the G conversion and I used some glow in the dark sight paint and filled the three white dot holes, got a hogue grips, and polished the internals (no material removed).
M9A1.jpg

I've looked at the M9 and there is just nothing there to justify changing my FS.

I love that pistol, so comfortable to use, great range gun and it was my first.

I've got an Italian Beretta 92A1 and I love it. I've put just about all of the Wilson Combat stuff on it. By now I probably could have just bought the Wilson Brigadier and ended up with a better pistol.

I've got an Italian Beretta 92A1 and I love it. I've put just about all of the Wilson Combat stuff on it. By now I probably could have just bought the Wilson Brigadier and ended up with a better pistol.
You just reminded me that i have a hammer spring to put in mine :)

The 92A1 also has front and rear dovetail sights so they are easy to replace. A lot of the other ones only have a rear dovetail sight and the front is fixed. If you are going to want to change the sights, this is definitely something to consider.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top