Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Beretta M9 Military Holsters

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Sep 29, 2011.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

What holsters are the Military using for thier M9s besides the Blackhawk SERPAs and those Bianchi ones? I'm looking for something, preferably kydex, that will work as a drop leg setup and on a MOLLE set up. It needs to have retention.

2. BlvdKing

BlvdKing Almost Boring Member

Spec ops are really nice and are a combination of ballistic nylon and kydex

3. levi333

levi333 Albany, OR Active Member

Don't know what the gov uses but Safariland makes nice drop legs, non-molle though.

Tactical Tailor makes stuff for drop leg holsters, pouches, etc. High quality stuff made in Washington.

4. FourTeeFive

FourTeeFive PNW Washington State Active Member

+1 on Tactical Tailor. GREAT products.

Grey Ghost has Tactical Tailor overstock products at really deep discounts. Right now they have two Tactical Tailor holsters for the Beretta 92:

Holsters

5. Joey Coyote

Joey Coyote Lakewood, WA New Member

In my experience the military issues you a crappy holster and you go buy one from tactical tailor.

6. CamoDeafie

CamoDeafie Albany Well-Known Member

not sure if the Bianchi is crappy; but there's a mod to make it a flap-less holster with thumb break strap; I will upload a picture of what it looks like with a P85 in there. (don't have M9 or 92 or Nine-Two)

7. Markjz

Markjz Longview, WA Member

I still have my blackhawk one from the AF. it's designed so it disengages the safety unless you draw slowly

8. CamoDeafie

CamoDeafie Albany Well-Known Member

DSC00878.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

basically it entails taking the chest strap from one of the army LBVs, then stitching the ends into loops so that the T straps can go through them and into the belt slots on the rubberized plastic part, I've drawn and holstered and did a bunch of things with the P85, it does NOT interfere with it in any way, unlike the old flap that had a tendency to grab onto the trigger guard area when drawing too quickly. this is a cheap mod compared to buying Bianchi's thumb break kit.

here is a MOLLE 2-mag holster being used to hold a Hi Point 45 brick; its not kydex, but it hold the 45 pretty securely..it also holds the P85 just fine..
    DSCN2792.jpg