JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Spotted a Beretta BM 59 at a pawn shop today for $2200. Looked to be in nice shape. From what I've read, these were M1's that were modified to take a mag like an m14. Only 200 made it to the states.

Is $2200 reasonable for one?

I only got a pic of the receiver markings. The rest of the finish and wood looked just as good as what is here.
9DvQrbW.jpg

This is what they look like (pic from another site)
ed.jpg

Last Edited:
$2,200 is way high! Check out Sarco, www.e-sarcoinc.com. They sell parts kits for these for $595 which includes everything except the Garand receiver (another $600) and they sell the mags for $59.95. They also sell complete rifles in paratrooper configuration for $1,700, and what they call "Apennines" configuration for $1,600. Hope that helps. Gary

I own a BM-59 and it's a really nice ride. But I bought it a long time ago when their price was reasonable. For $2200 let some pointy-headed collector take it home.

For $2200 you can buy a brand-new Springfield Armory M1-A squad scout, a dozen magazines and a case of .308 ammo. I also own one of them and I pretty much leave the Beretta in the safe.

The M1-A Squad Scout handles and shoots just like the BM-59, but takes readily-available magazines, spare parts and aftermarket accessories. It's a much better choice all around in today's marketplace.

$2,200 is way high! Check out Sarco, www.e-sarcoinc.com. They sell parts kits for these for $595 which includes everything except the Garand receiver (another $600) and they sell the mags for $59.95. They also sell complete rifles in paratrooper configuration for $1,700, and what they call "Apennines" configuration for $1,600. Hope that helps. Gary

I did find a few online for $1600 range so I also concluded the $2200 was quite high. At least I got to see one in person.

If it's minty and not a kit build, worth every penny of $2200!
And I can tell from that receiver marking that it's one of them! :eek:

There are lots online, but not Beretta built! They are bubba garage built BM 59's built with junky Sarco kits that I need to replace half the parts :( Well ok that's only been on half a dozen...