JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, wondering if anyone has some insight to this. I understand that the D model has a different trigger spring so standard 92/96 triggers may not fit?

After searching google and as many forums as I could, my search led me to this trigger spring:
<broken link removed>

Not only is it lighter but it's an improved design by Wolff for the INS.

So, 2 questions. 1) Will this work in the D model pistols? 2) What spring weight is needed to bring the trigger pull down a reasonable amount? I'm not looking for a 1 lb. trigger pull. I love the feel of this DA only trigger but it's a bit heavy to pull smoothly during a full range session.

Wolff's tech guy was out of the office for a few days and I will try back when he returns. Since there are at least 9 other 96D owners here I thought others may benefit from this info as well.

Thanks!

Thanks for the link Mark. What I'm getting from that is any trigger spring designed for a standard model 92/96 will actually be heavier with the exception of the lightest Wolff unit which is marginally lighter?

Edit: just saw the additional 2 links. I'll keep reading!

s ribs keep us update how it go, if it go well then I want to copy your.... I've been shooting with my 96D a lot more lately. I been practicing quick withdraw from my concealed holster and shoot. This is a good gun for holster abuse :)

It carry just like any other firearm. I am using De santis holster, I like about it have the cover that keep away the hand gun from poking my gut when I sit down. Here is on like mine but I can't find exactly mine.

<broken link removed>

Alright, back on this topic. Been busy with a move the last week!

Mark, what I'm getting from these posts is that the 'D' spring is lighter than the standard spring so switching to the above Wolff spring will likely result in a heavier trigger. I still need to try calling them to see what their Tech guy has to say. Also, that the only way to get a lighter trigger pull is to modify the existing trigger spring and apparently there is none on the market. I need to find a parts diagram so I can get a visual on "removing a few coils" from the spring means.

Still searching...

Alright, back on this topic. Been busy with a move the last week!

Mark, what I'm getting from these posts is that the 'D' spring is lighter than the standard spring so switching to the above Wolff spring will likely result in a heavier trigger. I still need to try calling them to see what their Tech guy has to say. Also, that the only way to get a lighter trigger pull is to modify the existing trigger spring and apparently there is none on the market. I need to find a parts diagram so I can get a visual on "removing a few coils" from the spring means.

Still searching...

Are the D springs available? I don't like the idea of cutting the factory spring but if we could get new ones we could get the cut info from one of the guys that has done it. I was thinking that a little polishing work on the trigger parts couldn't hurt either.

It carry just like any other firearm. I am using De santis holster, I like about it have the cover that keep away the hand gun from poking my gut when I sit down. Here is on like mine but I can't find exactly mine.

<broken link removed>

I like about it have the cover that keep away the hand gun from poking my gut when I sit down................Thats a crazy sentence.

That's exactly what I was thinking, pick up a spare and try it on that one.

Brownells:

Hammer spring 1

Hammer spring 2

However, reading through those posts again I'm confused what spring they replace. They call it the "main spring".

I've had good luck by simply replacing the mainspring with a 92D mainspring.

Which spring is that?

Next...

yes, the "D" spring is a beretta 92 guys inside secret to a "trigger job" also, wolff has spring kits to help out and there are several folks that dedicate their lives (literally) to improving the beretta 92.

Me I went with a wolff spring kit and a d-spring on my 92FS.

Leads me to think the trigger spring is the same but perhaps the hammer spring is the "main spring" and the one they are replacing or modifying on non 'D' models?

Btw, Mark/Benny if you're interested perhaps we could get together once parts and ideas have been settled on? It would be neat to leave on stock and modify another to feel the difference back to back.

Plus, I'm new to Beretta's so I'd love an extra hand if you know more than I do about working on them!

Btw, Mark/Benny if you're interested perhaps we could get together once parts and ideas have been settled on? It would be neat to leave on stock and modify another to feel the difference back to back.

Plus, I'm new to Beretta's so I'd love an extra hand if you know more than I do about working on them!
That sounds good to me! It will be the blind leading the blind though. :D I'm sure we can get a good idea form all the posts though.

Perhaps if we provide dinner we can convince Tim to look over our shoulder. :up:

I was gonna PM him about this thread anyway to see if he has some input with his gunsmith experience.

Yeah Tim is a gunsmith as well as an FFL.

Ok, I finally came across a parts diagram for this gun! And yes it is for a 96D Centurion. I'm still scouring the Beretta forum for info on this...

9202_01_esploso.jpg

After watching all the videos on the above link, I decided to pick up a set of pin punches. You can disassemble an entire 92/96 with a flat head screw driver and something to push pins out! The hammer spring takes literally 30 seconds to remove. So, unless Tim just wants a free dinner and to hang out I'd say we're safe to do this without a professional guiding us along.

One more note -

After removing the hammer spring, the trigger has next to no tension on it. I highly doubt changing the trigger spring will make much of a difference. I'll still probably order the Wolff unit simply because it's a better piece and is easier to install if you have everything apart to clean.

Mark, Benny - if you guys want a lighter hammer spring I'll order extra so we aren't all paying shipping. I'll probably order a pack of 3 (13 lb) anyway in case I mess one up.

HAMMER SPRINGS

For use in:
Beretta 92 Series 9mm - Full Size & Compacts
Beretta 96 Series .40 S&W - Full Size
Beretta Centurion .40 S&W

* Reduced Power...: 13, 16, 17, 18 and 19 Lb.
* Factory Standard.: 20 Lb.
* Extra Power.........: 22, 24, 26 and 28 Lb.

Stock No. 286xx - each.....$ 4.29Click button to purchase
Stock No. 287xx - pak of 3 (1 rating).......$ 8.99Click button to purchase
Stock No. 288xx - pak of 10 (1 rating).....$19.99Click button to purchase

Mark, Benny - if you guys want a lighter hammer spring I'll order extra so we aren't all paying shipping. I'll probably order a pack of 3 (13 lb) anyway in case I mess one up.

I really to have my done but right now I am living in PDX, I dont know when my next trip to PDX. Even if I go to PDX, there will be a lot of stuffs wait for me to get done. I will past this time. Benny

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top