JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can you describe the nature of the jams a bit more? What about extractions and ejections, are they reliable? Or is it jamming only when striping the next round out of the mag? What mags are you using? When was the last time you cleaned and lubed your gun. Is it a new right-out-of-the-box gun or very,very old and beat up (>20,000 rounds)?

Not that any of the answers matter much. 92FS are very reliable guns. They eat everything, especially FMJ/MC. All bets are off if you try +P+ ammo. It will work best with 124gr NATO.

Can you describe the nature of the jams a bit more? What about extractions and ejections, are they reliable? Or is it jamming only when striping the next round out of the mag? What mags are you using? When was the last time you cleaned and lubed your gun. Is it a new right-out-of-the-box gun or very,very old and beat up (>20,000 rounds)?

Not that any of the answers matter much. 92FS are very reliable guns. They eat everything, especially FMJ/MC. All bets are off if you try +P+ ammo. It will work best with 124gr NATO.

Agree with the reliablity of that platform. Oddly enough, the reason the military went with it was due to taking 10000 rounds without a single failure when testing. I would bet the issues is the magazine is old or worn out. seen that as the issue almost everytime except for stove piping

I have thousands of rounds through mine without a hiccup. The only time I have seen a 92 fail to cycle properly was one that had not been used in years and had been greased rather than oiled. Clean and lubed????

It is a well experienced 92FS Inox.

I stripped it to the bones, cleaned and reassembled (twice, I needed the practice). The next 20 rounds went through like butter. Same rounds out of the same box.

I'm guessing that it may have dried or picked up something from carrying it in a field bag while duck hunting. It had not been shot in a over the winter and operator error code "ID ten T" may have been more of an issue.

92's like to be run wet, with more lube than most like in a service pistol...not ideal in the sandbox, but if properly lubed and not fouled with dust/dirt, it's pretty hard to induce a misfeed.

I have tons of experience with the 92 platform,they don't need to be run very wet or be super clean. Unless its Afganistan sand your dealing with and or she's bone dry. But you need to grip it properly, and use quality mags.The checkmate and nickle eagle mags along with promags are complete junk.Use PB marked mags,mds,or mecgar.The only ammo issues are flat point crap or weak reloads.My woman has made all mine jam from limp wristing. It has to be one of these.

I run cheap Federal 147gr flat point "crap" through it, without a hitch. Just shot two boxes yesterday, no issues. Mine isn't overly wet, just where it needs to be, but I do use the froglube paste. Works fine it seems.

I have tons of experience with the 92 platform,they don't need to be run very wet or be super clean. Unless its Afganistan sand your dealing with and or she's bone dry. But you need to grip it properly, and use quality mags.The checkmate and nickle eagle mags along with promags are complete junk.Use PB marked mags,mds,or mecgar.The only ammo issues are flat point crap or weak reloads.My woman has made all mine jam from limp wristing. It has to be one of these.

It was jamming on a lady friend who is ex- calif hwy patrol. It has never jammed in my hands. It would jam for her then in the same clip rattle 3 for me, hand back and it jammed on her.

Why would soft hands cause jamming? This lady is an experienced shooter.

Interesting...Did she carry a Striker fire pistol on duty by chance? Like a Glock,xd,m&p. I'm thinking the angle of the grip could be an issue. The Glock has a more extreme angle that seems to come back to battery easier with a forward grip. And with the large sized grip on the Beretta a strong grip could be harder with smaller hands. Im terrible and explaining bore axis and grip angle maybe someone her can translate what I'm trying to say lol. Although I'm a bit stumped with her being an experienced shooter. That's all I can think of.

To answer the question. No I have not had either of my 92's jam on UMC ammo. I have cronoed UMC at between 1100FPS and 650FPS in the same box! So I know they don't allways get their ammo right at remington. With a low recoil impulse from the 650FPS rounds I could easly have had a jam. If I did not have a firm grip. A lot of shooters need to revisit the basics from time to time. I know I do. My shooting buddies often catch me doing something badly,stupid, and sometimes even unsafe! Shooting is a perishable skill. And often shooters build on bad habbits. Not the correct basics.
I bet with better ammo you would not have had a problem. Heck my UZI pistol will not run on UMC. It's just too weak and inconsistant. My Uzi carbine will run it. But it's majic.

A soft grip on the pistol will buffer the recoil some which takes power away from the slide going rearward. I have seen lightly gripped Berettas do this on occasion. If the gun were not lubed well it would contribute to this as well.